Win 10 Problems again...

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
klangweber

Win 10 Problems again...

Post by klangweber » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:25 am

Hello, I received my Minitaur yesterday here in Hamburg/Germany. But I have to run it over DIN MIDI. USB MIDI doesn´t work. The reason seems to be a driver problem. I can see the moog on the list of my devices, but there is an error message. I tried a powered USB hub, the firmware update, installed all the actual content, changed cables and decided at last to run it over DIN MIDI, which could not be the final solution. It worked one time for 10 minutes in ableton via USB MIDI. I have noticed all the tipps here for usage with win. But now it´s impossible to run it over USB MIDI. The Minitaur is listed in my device manger , when connecting via USB, but alway show me error code 10 (Device can´t start), like in the picture I´ve added :( Is there a chance to fix this?
Attachments
Error message
Error message

mesa

Re: Win 10 Problems again...

Post by mesa » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

klangweber wrote:Hello, I received my Minitaur yesterday here in Hamburg/Germany. But I have to run it over DIN MIDI. USB MIDI doesn´t work. The reason seems to be a driver problem. I can see the moog on the list of my devices, but there is an error message. I tried a powered USB hub, the firmware update, installed all the actual content, changed cables and decided at last to run it over DIN MIDI, which could not be the final solution. It worked one time for 10 minutes in ableton via USB MIDI. I have noticed all the tipps here for usage with win. But now it´s impossible to run it over USB MIDI. The Minitaur is listed in my device manger , when connecting via USB, but alway show me error code 10 (Device can´t start), like in the picture I´ve added :( Is there a chance to fix this?
Have you installed the moog midi driver, as this dose not work, you need to use the windows driver. So if you have uninstall that driver.

To get the moog minitaur to work with the editor in ableton you need to use a combination of a midi cable and the USB together,

you need to add the 'external insturments' to a midi track, setting this to use the midi cable.
then you need to add the AU editor and in the settings set the midi in and out to minitaur (USB)

will work perfect then.

let me know if you need any more help

MESA
Moog Slim phatty, Moog Sub 37, Moog Minataur, Dave Smith Tetra, Win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.6, Ableton Push, Focusrite Scarlet 6I6, Arturia Beatstep Pro.

klangweber

Post by klangweber » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:49 am

THX it works at the moment :)

tastyhouse

Post by tastyhouse » Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Is there a plan to fix the driver? Or do we need to use a usb cable AND midi cable to get it working the way its supposed to in ableton?

dylanfree

Post by dylanfree » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Windows 10
Reaper DAW

In addition to this MIDI USB issue presumably occuring in the DAW after the driver loads correctly in Windows 10, I was simultaneously facing the issue where the Moog USB Driver ver 2.2.3 also fails to load consistently upon cable connect.

I received the Minitaur Editor package in June of 2015, and I believe the ReadMe file in that package details instructions on how to get all the parts working on one DAW track, without specifically mentioning that this was a workaround for a driver bug. I believe the assumption in the ReadMe is that the driver has already loaded correctly prior to launching the DAW.

I saw in another post that folks were switching to the Windows default USB Composite driver to avoid the inconsistent loading of the Moog USB Driver ver 2.2.3

Are the ReadMe instractions expected to work with the Windows Default USB Composite Driver?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Dylan