Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
JackWilliamKing

Minitaur & Beatstep Pro CV problems

Post by JackWilliamKing » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:58 am

Hello,

I'm hooking my Beatstep Pro up to the Minitaur via CV as follows:

BSP Gate > Minitaur Gate
BSP Pitch > Minitaur Pitch

I am achieving a tone from the Minitaur, but i cannot change the pitch of the tone. When i unplug the Pitch CV connection, reducing it only to the Gate connection, nothing changes. So i am trying to figure out what the problem is with the pitch connection. I've spent a lot of time searching online and talking with Arturia about the Beatstep pro settings, but still no joy.

If anyone uses the Beatstep Pro to sequence their Minitaur via CV, please can you advise me how you do it?

Thanks

sjurick

Re: Minitaur & Beatstep Pro CV problems

Post by sjurick » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:18 pm

I am getting just the opposite. I am running a sequence in the BSP against the Minitaur (connected via MIDI OUT on BSP). The sequence will work fine for a few minutes, then suddenly I just get a single note drone from the Minitaur as if a sustain pedal was connected to it. The only way to clear this is to power cycle the MT. I have noticed also that if I just leave the MT on for a long period of time (hour or so), it might decide to just play a note on its own and hold that until I power cycle it.

This thing is only new since Christmas this year and has about 10 hours on it total. Do I need to configure the BSP or calibrate it when USB or is that only for using CV connections?
Steve Jurick

OSX 10.11.3
Studio One 3.2 64bit
Logic Pro X 64bit
Steinberg UR-22
Allen & Heath Zedi 10FX
Moog Minitaur
Moog Sub 37
Access Virus TI2 61 keyboard
Yamaha Motif ES-8
Arturia Beatstep Pro

jsharpphoto

Re: Minitaur & Beatstep Pro CV problems

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:01 am

The voltage must be attenuated. This has been discussed quite a bit on here.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2