Midi Light does not turn on - no sound

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Topin

Midi Light does not turn on - no sound

Post by Topin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello,

My excitement of finally getting my hands on a brand new Minitaur quickly became frustration as I am unable to produce sound!

I have an M-audio code 25 keyboard (that I know works via USB as I've already used it previously with Ableton Live Lite 9.5) linked exclusively via MIDI pin to the Minitaur: when I play I have no midi light turning on, and of course no sound. (I send the signal via the output jack to my bass amp)

I've tried:
4 physical buttons + 1 midi key (to sync the channel). Both are still to 1 (I checked the minitaur with the OSX editor), no sound.
Linking the minitaur via USB to my Mac. Still no midi input.
Note calibration via the editor: Sound! But no midi input. So back to square one, but at least I know the oscillators work!

Firmware 2.1.4
Editor 3.0.4

Please help!

Luca

DaveBee

Re: Midi Light does not turn on - no sound

Post by DaveBee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am

Not sure if you have had any luck yet.Chances are your minitaur is fine and it has something to do with your midi hookup.

Make sure the midi cable is connected to the mid out of your keyboard. Also make sure if your keyboard has a setting for midi channel that it is set to channel 1. And also make sure minitaur is setup to receive on channel 1 (default).

If you have another synth or module you could try connecting it to the keyboard to make sure everything is working via channel 1.

I'm not familar with ableton but if you are connecting by usb to your daw then a track has to receive midi channel 1 and then send it back to your minitaur and possibly echo needs to be on.

I just got my minitaur and it works fine with midi cable to keyboard midi out. Good luck.

ebowen4221

Post by ebowen4221 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:57 pm

On my old m-audio board, you had to select to send midi either usb or over din. It was a setup button with a key press.

Topin

Post by Topin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm

That was totally it! I should have posted this question to an M-audio forum!

Thanks, I can finally start playing my Minitaur!!