Minitaur Volume CV

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
bafonso

Minitaur Volume CV

Post by bafonso » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi,

I was trying to create my own envelopes using the volume CV but it does not allow you to do it. The filter CV works fine but not the volume. It appears that if the sustain of the ADSR is set to 0 you cannot control at all the VCA on the minitaur. What is the goal of the volume CV, just for general volume control with a pedal as hinted by the manual ?

This is a major oversight, it would be a much more flexible synth if we could control the VCA for our own envelopes... :( am I doing something wrong?

till

Re: Minitaur Volume CV

Post by till » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Many synths got the volume CV just to change the overall volume.

If the input is used for an external pedal, it would not make sense to bypass the internal envelope for the VCA, as you would than hear a droning all the time unless you got the pedal all the way down to zero (which isn't, btw, perfect zero on many pedals).

But to use an external envelope, you might set the Minitaur to zero attack and decay, max sustain and release. And trigger your external envelope the same time you trigger the Minitaur. This should give you full control over the volume without interfering with the Minitaur envelope.
Even the release of you envelope will be heard as long as it way shorter then the max release you set on the Minitaur.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

DaveBee

Re: Minitaur Volume CV

Post by DaveBee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 am

The default volume Cv changes the output level of the sound. However using the editor software you can map it to almost any other parameter on the minitaur, including the VCA sustain level.