machine gun kick

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Bertotti

machine gun kick

Post by Bertotti » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

I was working on a kick sound I liked, got pretty close but have a hard time getting a rapid kick. I know it is mono and I suspect that may be the issue. Can anyone clear this up for me? I suspect I need a poly instrument if I want it to be rapid and still have some of the lingering decay. Thanks!

Bertotti

Re: machine gun kick

Post by Bertotti » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:00 am

Perhaps I should rephrase this, because of the way I have the attacks ADSR set up being a mono instrument I can think of no way to get the machine gun kick effect, very rapid kick sequence, I would like to get with just one mono device. Does anyone have a trick to kind of simulate this on a mono device? I am new to analog and synthesist of this sort. I know minitaur is a bass device and understand that so my desires may not be attainable. I can however record and sample the sound and use my daw to achieve what I want but I think I should do that multiple times so that I could create some variance between each kick strike. Any thoughts are welcome.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:35 am

I would record 7 or 8 samples of this kick with slight filter variations, the. Trigger them back using a sampler, either hardware or VST. I've done it in ableton live, using a drum rack. You can stack multiple samples of the same "drum" and have them select based on velocity.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Bertotti

Post by Bertotti » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:33 am

Been away for a bit, thanks of the reply! I will give it a shot!