MOOG MINITAUR - AUTOMATION -SYSEX LIBRARIAN PROBLEM

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
70mm!

MOOG MINITAUR - AUTOMATION -SYSEX LIBRARIAN PROBLEM

Post by 70mm! » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi there,

i just bought a minitaur , perfect sound as i imagined, but i'm having problems to connect it to Ableton.

When i fisrt connect the moog as suggested ( holding vco1 & 2 and then release) from the SysEX Librarian destination list I ONLY SEE "In" or my audio device, not "Moog Minitaur" as it should be.

From ableton i can see the editor knobs mooving and they also work on sound, but i can't write automation at all by mooving the knobs .....

Some help??

wbailey6

Re: MOOG MINITAUR - AUTOMATION -SYSEX LIBRARIAN PROBLEM

Post by wbailey6 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:02 am

Hi,

I banged my head against the wall for hours with this same problem. From my experience, Ableton (not just Ableton, but Windows) will not let you share the usb midi port. This setup has worked for me (and this is the ONLY setup that has worked consistently while providing full functionality of both the Minitaur unit and the Editor simultaneously):

-Both usb midi and midi din (in) must be connected

-Do NOT select Moog Minitaur as a control surface (not IN, not OUT, either)

-select usb midi in and out (track). if you want to record automation, i'm pretty sure you'll have to forgo the editor, unless you use a different midi configuration (unless you use midi ox or bomes or something and piggyback). There's a pretty solid max4live device that kind of meets you halfway.

-drop an external audio device w/ usb2.0 midi for Midi TO--- Then either All INs/All Channels or whatever Midi channel you selected will send to the unit. (I had a Rhythm Wolf lying in the corner that I'd pretty much given up on; the Rhythm Wolf, as it turns out, makes an EXCELLENT companion to the Minitaur. Just choose Channel 1 only, and feed the Rhythm Wolf's Synth OUT directly to the AUX in, and it's like a 3rd Oscillator (A little dirty, but nice and thick).

-Drop the editor vst last as an audio device. If it doesn't work, restart live to free up the ports.

-Anyway, hopefully this helps someone. For me, the video tutorials didn't help at all since the example was an OSX box (and somehow everything worked perfectly which happened for me, like, NEVER).

-Ableton Live 9.5 (worked with 9.2 as well)