T3 Firmware Update and Preset Reload

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
JokerVille

T3 Firmware Update and Preset Reload

Post by JokerVille » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Looking at the "Read Me" document, the firmware update (2.0.4) seems straightforward between the directions and the T3 manual.
It also states you have to reload the included presets file. Question:
What exactly is the "SysEx librarian playlist?" The complete preset file is to be added here and "Play" clicked. I can't find that description in the manual.
Is this the "All Presets" function under "Receiving SysEx Data?"
Just want to have a good understanding of all this before I begin. Thanks!
And, OMG, the T3 sounds amazing.
"And on bass..."

vinnyburns

Re: T3 Firmware Update and Preset Reload

Post by vinnyburns » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 am

I don't have the T3 but you just need to open the sysex file in Sysex Librarian, highlight the file then press the play icon and it well send the sysex file to the T3. Don't know if you need to enable the T3 to receive sysex first. Most synths you don't.
Also, make sure the T3 is set as the midi destination in Sysex Librarian.

JokerVille

Re: T3 Firmware Update and Preset Reload

Post by JokerVille » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:12 am

Okay, after some additional review here in the forums I figured it out. The SysEx Librarian just seems to be an application needed for Mac users? I connected my computer directly to the T3 with a simple USB cable, clicked the file, selected "Taurus," and bam, done!
Also, since it had been updated with a later version prior, I didn't need to reload the presets. Good to go!
I did my first custom presets - two sounds to perform "The Spirit of Radio." A cool arpeggio part for the chorus, and that awesome lead sound for the instrumental break. Needs a few more tweaks but already sounds incredible. Had to make myself stop and go to bed - this thing is just too cool.
"And on bass..."