I love Minitaur, should I buy Taurus 3???

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EMwhite

Re: I love Minitaur, should I buy Taurus 3???

Post by EMwhite » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:36 am

If you play live and need a varied sound palette like high string accents (Yeah patch) and a diff patch for a long list of songs then T3 is the only option.

If you just love the Taurus sound and are not into presets and don't need a midi clocked LFO or anything else fancy, a Vintage pedal is nice but you can't take anything away from the MInitaur. It's very powerful, just fall short in it's LFO as compared to the T3.

For studio use or if you are not a guitar/bass player and won't be stomp'in, you can pick up a Minitaur for $350 these days.

I've got both and will keep both. (someday I'll get a vintage Taurus I, that is if they haven't all vanished by the time I have money and space for one)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 am

EMwhite wrote:If you play live and need a varied sound palette like high string accents (Yeah patch) and a diff patch for a long list of songs then T3 is the only option.

If you just love the Taurus sound and are not into presets and don't need a midi clocked LFO or anything else fancy, a Vintage pedal is nice but you can't take anything away from the MInitaur. It's very powerful, just fall short in it's LFO as compared to the T3.

For studio use or if you are not a guitar/bass player and won't be stomp'in, you can pick up a Minitaur for $350 these days.

I've got both and will keep both. (someday I'll get a vintage Taurus I, that is if they haven't all vanished by the time I have money and space for one)
Thank you...

My question is can Taurus do something sonically that really stands out comparing to Minitaur. I would be using midi anyways, so T1 is not an option

Oleg

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 am

I do find a difference, Taurus III sounds bigger, with more low-end to my ears, even though I don't have a sub woofer.

My guess is there are more owners of both synths here who can give their opinion...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra