Load and Control Minitaur Presets from Ipad?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Colonel Monk

Load and Control Minitaur Presets from Ipad?

Post by Colonel Monk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:54 am

Howdy

I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a minitaur, but I just noticed that there isn't any display for the presets.... Started looking around and OK I understand that you can get the editor from Moog if you register, but I'm not seeing that this can run off an ipad?

I've got 3 PCs but I don't have the urge to use any of them with the Minitaur.

Does the SW run on ipad? If not, are there any other apps that can?

I'm terrible with wonky "hold this button and then push this one 3x" kind of interfaces.

Thanks
Colonel Monk

Slim Phatty, Foogertron 7000: Low Pass, Ring Mod, Phaser, 104z Delay, ClusterFlux, Bass MuRF, FreqBox, CP-251
2X Mother 32, Minitaur

MC

Re: Load and Control Minitaur Presets from Ipad?

Post by MC » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 am

I don't think they have an editor app yet.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:25 pm

You could "build" a custom iPad app for the Minitaur using this:

http://mididesigner.com/

Several layouts have already been designed by the user community for various Moog devices:
http://mididesigner.com/community/

8)
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Colonel Monk

Post by Colonel Monk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 am

Stuka, thanks.

I'd have already bought it if I had the minitaur (not yet) and if someone had done a layout for minitaur (not yet)

But it appears to have alot of promise.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn MIDI. I've been avoiding it for a long time, as an engineer I already know several specialized software tools and I really just don't want to add another one to the list at this point - but it's holding me back so I ought just get on with it.

If anyone has any other method or controller they use with minitaur that is able to show what preset you're on, let me know what you're doing and how please!

Getting close to pulling the trigger on one...

CM
Colonel Monk

Slim Phatty, Foogertron 7000: Low Pass, Ring Mod, Phaser, 104z Delay, ClusterFlux, Bass MuRF, FreqBox, CP-251
2X Mother 32, Minitaur

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:40 am

There is a Touchosc layout for Minitaur
http://www.anislandinthestream.net/file ... chOSC.html
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.