Minitaur audio out problem in Abletone 9 after restarting

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
matheria

Minitaur audio out problem in Abletone 9 after restarting

Post by matheria » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi to everyone on this forum.

I just bought this great sounding synth. Update it to new rev.2.1.1. Copy new ver.of Editor 3.0.4 to the VST folder and everything seems to be fine until i save project and exit the program. After i load saved project with Editor on the channel there is no sound from the synth until hard restarting of the synth (A\C plug out and in) and after that the synth lost communication with the Editor meaning that i have to reload Editor again!

I thing that it is not everything smooth with the new Editor version with Ableton 9?

I upload this 7 min. video to YT http://youtu.be/DQwBx2cNIBY where i try to describe and show this problem live (Sorry for English and video shaking)))

My PC is Win7 64bit and Ableton is 9.1.5 64bit

Have someone meet the same problem or any comments for that situation?

Thanks a lot, AleX

dieter198

Re: Minitaur audio out problem in Abletone 9 after restartin

Post by dieter198 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:38 pm

I have a similar problem in Cubase. There is no sound from the Minitaur anymore after reloading a song. I think the problem is that the editor looses the settings and sends a bad dump to the hardware. It looks very similar in your video.
I started a post ( http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22378 )and a support request already, but got no response. :( :(
Moog Sub37, Windows7 64, Cubase 8.5

Bas

Post by Bas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi, i don't know if it is the same problem but i do experience drop out after restarting my Minitaur/ Pulse2 template.

After a lot of searching and checking i have found that the volume on the vst editor resets to its lowest value after restarting. It only happen on this saved template.

Similar to your experience i find that now and then Ableton 9 64bit, win7 does also crash the sound. I can still save my projects and restart them but it is a bit anoying. Though maybe i thought it's due combining Pulse 2 and minitaur.

Further i would like to say that the presets and GUI are awesome. Also response time etc. GREAT!

Bas

Post by Bas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:15 pm

I just saw the video, i noticed that the volume on your vst editor is continiously on it's lowest value, so i suggest u try to increase that value first.

Nice Bassline btw...

rafamrqs

Post by rafamrqs » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 pm

I have the exact same problem... very annoying. One thing that works though, is turning the VCA Volume all the way down, and then back up again in the minitaur editor. You get the sound back but it still won't read the changes you did in the editor.