Holy God, Minitaur has balls for days.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
namahshaman

Holy God, Minitaur has balls for days.

Post by namahshaman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

I've had mine for awhile now, but I finally pushed it hard on a big PA . . . Sweet Jesus. I know we all think it's clever and cute that this little unit comes with a warning and ear plugs, haha, but there's definitely some truth to it.

In my twenties I worked for a demolition crew, we tore down dilapidated and condemned houses/building. I really believe that with the right speakers, we could play Moog bass and rattle them to rubble. Of course, we'd have to consider the collateral damage. How many innocent windows would be destroyed? haha. It would be a fun experiment either way.

bamorello

Re: Holy God, Minitaur has balls for days.

Post by bamorello » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 am

Ha!! Awesome! I'll be putting mine through a PA soon. I can't wait for the sonic craziness.

If you've got a FreqBox, run the OSC out to the Minitaur Filter CV and tweak the filter cut off and the resonance. I was getting some intense formant type sounds last night. I'll be recording them today.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 am

Yeah!! Some other forum member had the oportunity recently to plug his Taurus 3 on a PA. He had the same reaction than you :)

dgb01

Post by dgb01 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:37 pm

These are great stories.
I've long been a fan of Genesis, Yes and Rush and have always loved the live feeling of your ribs vibrating in your chest with the power of the Taurus pedals through the PA.
Now I have my own Minitaur and Roland PK pedals to shake the foundations of my house!
Great fun!

David
Voyager Old School (with Boss DD-7 and Moog EXP pedals)
Little Phatty Stage 2
Minitaur (played with Roland PK-5A pedals)
Roland D50
Roland TR-505
Doepfer Dark Time 16 step analog sequencer

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=55kfnrQ4yyo

till

Post by till » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 am

Actually you need to feed a Minitaur or the Taurus3 through a 18" subwoofer for full sonic fun.
I bought such an subwoofer when I received my Taurus3. And also the Minitaur is shaking the walls here.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MC

Post by MC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Moog Music had a KRK subwoofer when we were testing the Taurus 3. Despite being two rooms away, the folks on the production floor could feel the bass radiating from the T3.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi