'under the hood' settings not saved

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
andow

'under the hood' settings not saved

Post by andow » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm having problems with the Minitaur Editor again :roll:

Today I noticed a strange behaviour when using the velocitiy sensitivity and keyboard tracking settings.
For example if I set the velocity sensitivity (VCA and VCF) to zero and save the preset, the next time I load it it's velocity sensitive again (even though the parameter in the editor shows zero). If the VCA vel.sens. is set to some other value than 0, the next time I load the preset there is no sound at all until I edit the parameter! Also the keyboard tracking setting is not always loaded correctly.

Can anyone confirm this or is there something like a default value for these parameters that I have to set?

andow

Re: 'under the hood' settings not saved

Post by andow » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Nobody?

Btw, everything works fine if I save the patch on the hardware...

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 am

Yep - I'm hitting this as well. Very annoying.

If I try dealing up velocity to amp or filter and save the patch (on Mac or in onboard preset), when I load the patch there's no sound until I touch the same velocity control on the editor.

The editor is obviously not storing these values correctly.
Voyager Performer, Minitaur
Cubase 8.5, Ableton 9, various hardware sequencers
OSX El Capitan on MacPro (cylinder) and MacBookPro.

rperry

Post by rperry » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:14 pm

I have noticed this exact same behavior - Velocity settings are not being saved. I'm not sure if they are being saved using hardware or not. I cannot get a preset to recall that shows anything on the velocity knobs. They always show up as zero, as far as I can find. I don't think any of the factory presets have velocity anyway, but this is a bug regardless.

I can change the velocity response using the behind the scenes panel - that definitely works, the data is being sent to the hardware, but the setting is not saved with the preset, at least using the editor to save it.

I also experienced the "no sound" problem. I did not realize it was related to the velocity control, but that would make sense.

I stopped using the velocity in general because of this. The Minitaur kicks ass without velocity response anyway, and performs sort of like a classic MiniMoog, where you can get responsive espression by varying the attacks on the ADSRs. Having the Release option on the Minitaur is really great as well.

Anyway, I wanted to jump in on this thread because I see elsewhere that the newest update of the editor and firmware may be coming soon and I'd like to make sure this bug is looked into.

Thanks Moog!

Rex Perry
Perry Multimedia Inc.