Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ChrisO

Re: Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Post by ChrisO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

I guess I am glad that I am not going completely insane after reading this thread.

Is the currently crappy USB driver why my minitaur seems to choose when it wants to comunicate with my computer?

I can always get notes through midi but USB connecting seems to work some days and not others. Am I crazy and just doing something wrong or is this something that will be fixed with the new drivers?

I was so stoked on this synth when I got it, now I would give all the extra features just for solid performance, it is getting frustrating.
Mac OS 10.12.1
NI Maschine
Moog Minitaur

Novem

Post by Novem » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi,

I just bought a Minitaur LTD. After I registered if, I got an email to load v2.1.1 and editor. When I do the power on sequence and release them the bottom light never blinks! I did the down loads,and I can see the editor knobs move when turning the hardware and vice versa. I did see a post that had all the presets you could load via midi. The lights on the Minitaur blink, but after it's done I can't scroll thru the sounds!
Am I missing something? This is done on a iMac BTW.

Thanks,

Novem

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:15 pm

The stand-alone editor has decided to stop working on my Windows 8.1 64 bit PC.

:(

It's been OK until recently. Don't know what's changed.
Voyager Performer, Minitaur
Cubase 8.5, Ableton 9, various hardware sequencers
OSX El Capitan on MacPro (cylinder) and MacBookPro.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:16 am

Hi guys,

Andy Hughes from the Moog Tech lab here. Please contact me directly and I can assist you with these issues, I see two different things above that have different causes most likely.

My contact info is: [email protected] or (828)251-0090 xt.221

Thanks!

Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm

I've fixed my issue.

I brought up the editor with the Minitaur disconnected, then changed the MIDI I/O to disabled.

After that, I reconnected and set up the editor again.
Voyager Performer, Minitaur
Cubase 8.5, Ableton 9, various hardware sequencers
OSX El Capitan on MacPro (cylinder) and MacBookPro.

Novem

Post by Novem » Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 pm

I got in touch with Andy from Moog tech lab. He was able to sort out my Minitaur, so I want to say thanks to all the staff at Moog! The forum is great, but I would recommend using tech support if you have a problem you can't figure out on here.

Thanks,

Novem
Attachments
image.jpg

bgirl

Post by bgirl » Sun May 17, 2015 10:33 am

Hi,

I have a problem with my Minitaur and Bitwig, everything running the latest versions.

I can launch the vst editor the first time, then if i want to close it and open it later, it crashes.

To make it work, i have to select another midi in / out BEFORE closing the editor, and later when i open it select the Minitaur in out.

I have to repeat the process each time i want to close and open the editor, do you an idea to fix the issue ?

If i forget to select another midi in/out in the editor before closing bitwig, the standalone editor crashes also.

Doesn't happen with other daws, it runs smoothly (Logic pro X). It may be a Bitwig related problem ...

EDIT: there is a really strange thing i noticed. I am on mac os 10.9.5 and if i plug the minitaur usb, i have to wait 10 seconds before it registers in the midi device window. Now with Bitwig: if i open the plugin the first time it works. If i close it and open it before that 10 seconds timeframe, the editor will crash. I have to wait 10 seconds AFTER the crash and it will open normally. Something else: if i only select the midi input OR output but not both in the editor, i can close and open the editor before those 10 seconds.

Weird ?

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Wed May 20, 2015 12:04 am

Emailed Andy. Haven't heard back. You?

bgirl

Post by bgirl » Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 am

Nor me, didn't get a reply from Andy, but Nathan from the tech support team. He said they will bring the problem to the software engineers to check on the issue.

kendallhalbert

Post by kendallhalbert » Wed May 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Is Amos no longer available? I was communicating with him directly for firmware/software issues, and he seems to have gone dark.
Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice

redirishman

Post by redirishman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Where can I download the v3.0 editor?

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 am

Now Moog is beta testing the new firmware 2.1.7 and the new editor 3.1

This firmware + editor unlocks the following new features:
- VCO2 hard sync
- selectable LFO shape (triangle, square, saw, ramp, sample/hold, filter EG)
- option to modulate VCO2 pitch only

I believe that Amos will post updates on this here or maybe Moog will release it officially very soon.

I've made a short screen demo of the new editor https://youtu.be/43b5aPE__Yg

So far I have some minor feature requests for further editor versions:
1) Additional midi input in the editor for external keyboard to play the synth while tuning options.
2) virtual on-screen keyboard and ability to use computer keyboard as additional midi input + latch ("drone") button as you probably seen in Nord Modular G2 Editor.
3) 'Guided' firmware update procedure as they made for SUB 37 (you start the procedure in the editor or separate app and it tells you what to do with hardware to activate fw update, then updates the synth)
4) 'Guided' pot calibration procedure (you start the procedure in the editor or separate app and it tells you what to do with hardware to activate pot calibration, then does sysex commands)
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 pm

tagirov wrote:Now Moog is beta testing the new firmware 2.1.7 and the new editor 3.1

This firmware + editor unlocks the following new features:
- VCO2 hard sync
- selectable LFO shape (triangle, square, saw, ramp, sample/hold, filter EG)
- option to modulate VCO2 pitch only

I believe that Amos will post updates on this here or maybe Moog will release it officially very soon.

I've made a short screen demo of the new editor https://youtu.be/43b5aPE__Yg

So far I have some minor feature requests for further editor versions:
1) Additional midi input in the editor for external keyboard to play the synth while tuning options.
2) virtual on-screen keyboard and ability to use computer keyboard as additional midi input + latch ("drone") button as you probably seen in Nord Modular G2 Editor.
3) 'Guided' firmware update procedure as they made for SUB 37 (you start the procedure in the editor or separate app and it tells you what to do with hardware to activate fw update, then updates the synth)
4) 'Guided' pot calibration procedure (you start the procedure in the editor or separate app and it tells you what to do with hardware to activate pot calibration, then does sysex commands)
Looking and sounding great. :-)

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Thought more people would have been happy about these new features that will appear with the new firmware and editor.
I can't wait for these to be released :-)

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:08 pm

vinnyburns wrote:Thought more people would have been happy about these new features that will appear with the new firmware and editor.
I can't wait for these to be released :-)
I'm glad Moog continues to improve their products but I'm tired of updating hardware. I thought I left OS upgrades when I stopped using the computer for music. :x