Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
mwieland

Re: Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Post by mwieland » Fri May 02, 2014 7:27 pm

I updated the firmware successfully.

But the VST isn't working on my Windows 7 x64 machine.

I tried it with: Ableton 9 ( 32 & 64bit ), FL-Studio 11 & Cakewalk Sonar X1.

I hope that a fix will soon be available, so I can use the Minitaur as I do with my Sub Phatty.
Can't live with that VST anymore..

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Fri May 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi, my Minitaur Editor 3.0 for Mac can't be installed (windows
version
instead it's ok on pc). The installer says 'unknown error', I noticed
that the
application support word, is gray in last step before begin the
installation,
could this be the reason? is there anyone who can help me for installer on mac ? PS.
firmware
upgrade to 2.1 it's ok.Thank you

updating in 5 5 2014
I solved the problem with a upgrade of Apple Istaller http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1512
Last edited by Fabio on Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeneixi

Post by zeneixi » Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 am

I found it, sorry for my last post.

DohaK

Post by DohaK » Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 am

Hello!

the new stand alone editor works great!

however my DAW cant find the Vst editor (not shows in vst list)
what might be the issue?

im on win 7 64
cubase 7.5.1 32bit

RizalKhan

Post by RizalKhan » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 am

Ok. So I updated my Minitaur. Downloaded 3.0. I can use the standalone. But in Cubase, despite the plugin showing up in the plugin window, I can't see or select the plugin as an option in instrument track. Did anyone else have a similar problem? Is anyone running the vst on Cubase? Hope this can be fixed soon as am really excited to have aide the VST much like I do with my voyager.

shelthc

Post by shelthc » Sat May 03, 2014 11:15 am

I am using Cubase 7.5. it seems as though the editor will only show up as a fx plug in and not a vsti. I run the minitaur as an external instrument and then insert the minitaur editor as a fx plugin on that track. Hope this helps

Mitja

Post by Mitja » Sat May 03, 2014 12:24 pm

RizalKhan wrote:Ok. So I updated my Minitaur. Downloaded 3.0. I can use the standalone. But in Cubase, despite the plugin showing up in the plugin window, I can't see or select the plugin as an option in instrument track. Did anyone else have a similar problem? Is anyone running the vst on Cubase? Hope this can be fixed soon as am really excited to have aide the VST much like I do with my voyager.
Hi!

I probably have the same problem in Ableton though. Standalone editor sees the Minitaur, but in Ableton the VSTi module doesn't. It said "Hardware disconnected". Reloaded the new firmware few times and it kinda works now, but it can not send MIDI notes from MIDI track to the synth with plugin running. But at least now it is seen from DAW. In Ableton you need to turn off the MIDI channel inside DAW related to MINITAUR, so the DAW shouldn't connect by itself to the synth (you have to reload Ableton for changes to take effect). That way the VSTi plugin can see and control Minitaur, but the problem is that in this case you can not send midi notes to it. And with MIDI channels turned on you can actually send notes and hear the results, but the plugin looses control. I am continuing the experiments how to setup it properly. It will be soooo great to be able save/load/control and actually send MIDI events from track inside the DAW!

robotboot

Post by robotboot » Sat May 03, 2014 2:53 pm

I am having a problem with the vst in live not saving the pitch bend range and resets to 0 every time i open a project. anyone else having this?

mr-emulator

Post by mr-emulator » Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

RizalKhan wrote:Ok. So I updated my Minitaur. Downloaded 3.0. I can use the standalone. But in Cubase, despite the plugin showing up in the plugin window, I can't see or select the plugin as an option in instrument track. Did anyone else have a similar problem? Is anyone running the vst on Cubase? Hope this can be fixed soon as am really excited to have aide the VST much like I do with my voyager.
The new Moog plugins show up only as FX plugins and not as instrument plugins anymore. Amos held a poll a while ago asking if there is still a demand for instrument plugin version. I guess the percentage voting for the instrument version was rather small then so they propably dropped it.

robml

Post by robml » Sun May 04, 2014 3:54 am

congratulations to the moog team on the release of the new editor.

did the sync lfo to midi ever get fixed from the betas? i tried and it looks like it still does not work in the final. does it work for other people?

cheers

Synth.builder

Post by Synth.builder » Sun May 04, 2014 6:59 am

The Win version of the upgrade files are apparently zipped on a Mac. This seems to cause problems for Win 7 x64 to extract. It fails to extract all the files properly although it does do some of them. However, it is possible to open the zipped file manually and then cut and paste the required contents individually.

Tony

DohaK

Post by DohaK » Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 am

I have checked and i can NOT see the plugin in the effects section as well

whomdoyouworkfor

Post by whomdoyouworkfor » Mon May 05, 2014 1:09 am

Fabio wrote:Hi, my Minitaur Editor 3.0 for Mac can't be installed (windows
version
instead it's ok on pc). The installer says 'unknown error', I noticed
that the
application support word, is gray in last step before begin the
installation,
could this be the reason? is there anyone who can help me for installer on mac ? PS.
firmware
upgrade to 2.1 it's ok.Thank you
Having the exact same issue. Running OS 10.6.8 and encounter an error during install. Emailed Moog about the issue and hope to hear back soon.

khzano

Post by khzano » Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 am

DohaK wrote:Hello

i have tested the new version
firmware update and the new stand alone editor functions 100% so far in a few hours testing
the new feature and look are great and feels stable

however the Vst editor can not be found by my DAW for some reason
i'm using cubase 7.5.1 32 bit version running on win 7 64 system

i have put the dll into my vst folder as instructed but the plugin not showing in the vst list
tried to refresh the list from inside cubase without any success

any ideas what might be the issue?

:?:
Same issue here with cubase 5
Would love to know how to make it work too! this is such a welcome update and really good UI design.
Thank you! :)

login

Post by login » Mon May 05, 2014 1:27 pm

I think it might be compatibility between 32/64 bits plugin and DAW. Check that both match.