Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
bichuelo

Re: Minitaur v3.0 editor and v2.1 firmware released!

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm

DonutDude wrote:
vinnyburns wrote:Thought more people would have been happy about these new features that will appear with the new firmware and editor.
I can't wait for these to be released :-)
I'm glad Moog continues to improve their products but I'm tired of updating hardware. I thought I left OS upgrades when I stopped using the computer for music. :x
Well, actually I am glad that Moog are able to add new features to their gear even after these are discontinued. I wished every synth manufacturer could do it too!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 pm

bichuelo wrote:Well, actually I am glad that Moog are able to add new features to their gear even after these are discontinued. I wished every synth manufacturer could do it too!
Yes, I agree. Even though I hate updating, I still do it. :lol:

Holiday101

Post by Holiday101 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:04 am

For me in Logic X switching around to different presets in the editor will eventually a create stuck note. New midi messages do not seem to unstick the initial stuck note. Or it's like the VCO or filter is stuck or something. Happens with various MIDI input set ups. Now, I tried to change presets via the hardware and so far there seems to be no issue, which leads me to believe it might be a software editor issue.

Also I found that changing presets via the hardware will advance the preset selection in the software editor but when it hits the last preset visible on the editor (without scrolling down) it now longer will visibly highlight the preset selected.

Forrrest

Post by Forrrest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 am

I seem at a loss figuring out how the AU works in Logic Pro 9. OSX 10.9. Minitaur on latest firmware and editor.

I can get the minitaur working with an 'external midi' channel. I can edit automation for cc paramters (ie filter freq is cc 19) - this is something that all synths with cc can let me do. I can get the standalone editor working and turning the knobs and changing presets from the computer affects changes in the minitaur. But where does the AU fit into this? The AU loads as an effect in an audio channel or a midi instrument channel (no insert points on external midi). I can do automation edits to specific cc by their names (and not their parameter number) - but this has ZERO effect on the hardware when it's loaded as an insert.
I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm not understanding about how this is supposed to work.

Holiday101

Post by Holiday101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:57 am

The moog YouTube videos explained for me. Essentially with the plugin you can virtually control the Minitaur, change and save presets and most important you get full access to under the hood features. For me though it's been a bit problematic.

Forrrest

Post by Forrrest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Holiday101 wrote:The moog YouTube videos explained for me. Essentially with the plugin you can virtually control the Minitaur, change and save presets and most important you get full access to under the hood features. For me though it's been a bit problematic.
Thisvideo?
he only uses the standalone editor and not the VST. The automation editing he talks about is using CC parameters on external instrument channel . These are things I can do. How do you use the VST or the AU (for logic)?

Holiday101

Post by Holiday101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 pm

I just use the plugin as I would the standalone editor.

Forrrest

Post by Forrrest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 am

@ Holiday101, In Logic, what kind of channel do you put the AU on?

rizzenvrinn

Post by rizzenvrinn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:18 am

Is there a way to download the latest beta firmware and editor (firmware 2.1.7 and editor 3.1)? Or could somebody send it to me, please?

till

Post by till » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:59 am

rizzenvrinn wrote:Is there a way to download the latest beta firmware and editor (firmware 2.1.7 and editor 3.1)? Or could somebody send it to me, please?
I think beta testers are not allowed to do so.
This is not a public beta test, otherwise the link to these versions would be available on the Moog webpages.
So if you are an experienced synth users, you rather might ask Moog to take part in the beta testing.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rizzenvrinn

Post by rizzenvrinn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:10 am

I'm not an experienced synth user, I'm just frustrated, to be honest:) I'd like to have a working Windows drivers, that'd allow me to use the Minitaur VST in an editor and I've been waiting for that for almost two years.

botski

Post by botski » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

I noticed a couple people asking ( a year ago) where the link is to download the librarian. I wonder the same thing. My Minitaur is registered, I would expect there to be a link in my account to download the editor? Perhaps I am blind?

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:40 am

I just hope I can save all the parameters in a patch.

Not being able to save the velocity modulation from the editor is unimpressive to say the least.
Voyager Performer, Minitaur
Cubase 8.5, Ableton 9, various hardware sequencers
OSX El Capitan on MacPro (cylinder) and MacBookPro.

Holiday101

Post by Holiday101 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Forrrest wrote:@ Holiday101, In Logic, what kind of channel do you put the AU on?
I have it set up as an external instrument, on it's own midi channel.

So in Logic X 10.2 it has crashed. Seems to really get messed up changing presets via the Editor, may or may not have something to do with the fact I have Logic sending sync.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Botski,

Here are the links you requested:

OSX http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... te_MAC.zip

WINDOWS http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... te_WIN.zip

Sub Editor 1.1.0 Patch

MAC:

http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... ty_MAC.zip

WINDOWS:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _0-WIN.zip

Thanks,
Andy Hughes