Taurus 3 funny behavior

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
calaverasgrande

Taurus 3 funny behavior

Post by calaverasgrande » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:12 pm

First off, let me just say I've owned this T3 for a couple years now and it is still my favorite synth hands down (feet down?).
Still finding new sounds in there, and just the hugeness of the sound is very hard to top!
Now for the odd behavior.
I'm on the most recent fw revision.
Every now and then I see strange behavior with the Arp sync settings.
I'll connect it via midi to a machinedrum or X0Xbox as the timing master (actually the X0x is din synced to a KPR77 as master).
When I do this I get one of 3 results.

>midi sync works and the arp is the correct tempo. It displays time divisions for the Arp tempo.
>midi sync does not work at all, it displays BPM and is a very high tempo.
>midi sync works, but it displays both bpm and time divisions, flicking back and forth so fast it looks like asci garbage.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld

psynthetic

Re: Taurus 3 funny behavior

Post by psynthetic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 am

I haven't seen it flick back and forth before… (maybe some weird re-triggering or something happening in MIDI land? I'm not sure, i've had a lot of difficulties getting my T3 to work with MIDI the way I like.. incidentally if anyone knows a sure fire way to send dual byte CC's to the T3 i'd love to hear all about it)

But for what it's worth, if the MIDI source/sequencer isn't actually playing at the time, then instead of displaying tempo divisions e.g. 1/8T it will just display a BPM value based on the previous devision, or maybe what ever's saved for that preset.. i'm not 100% sure on that. But that's something that has given me trouble i the past so just incase, here's me mentioning it.

Love the T3.. looking forward to the next update and future ones, there is still a bit of potential I'd like to see unlocked.. e.g. swing for the arp and a way to add "rest" notes into the sequence.. (the latter of these should be very easy.. as soon as we can figure out what button could do it in an ergonomic way.. maybe with PGM mode?)