Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
mayhem9113

Re: Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Post by mayhem9113 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm

hi i've bought my minitaur 2 weeks ago and i can't yet use it

initially ableton didn't recognize the vst later problems with editor
and now i have the problem of the hardware disconnected but when i erase the firmware and i reinstall it the hardware is ok but if i close it and i open aain it will be not recognized and tell me (ableton 9.1.3 on win 8 64 bit) that i need the minitaurmidiporthandler.exe file that i can't find anywhere!!!!

pls someone could link me this file????? or a firmware that functions because the 2.0 and 2.1.1 not

thx!!!!

papawise

Post by papawise » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 am

Hello,
I still can't believe that there is not a final solution to read and apply.
I'm SOOO dissapointed with Moog,
you are not newbies, I've always preached Moog as one of the best brands for hardware synths, but with this scenario you are discounting miles. SO MANY months to resolve a driver issue?

Here, I'm also viewing "DISCONNECTED PROBLEM" even after updating firmware (2.1) and editor (3.4).

I hope to get an answer soon! (as all the rest I guess)
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

fedy

Post by fedy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:51 am

Looks like these idiots are not gonna solve it ! At november 2014 they
have said that it will take two weeks ... it is end of april 2015 and
there is still no progress...

I will not buy any Moog anymore , because they piss on own custommers !

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

Andy Hughes from the Moog Tech Support lab here.

We do have a new firmware and USB MIDI Driver that should rectify this problem. Windows does not offer the same support for MIDI and USB audio devices that you will find on a Mac. That being said, we have been working diligently to get this new firmware and driver for Windows ready so that your DAW, software editor VST, and the Minitaur can interface smoothly. We apologize that it has taken longer than we thought it would to get it working properly. Also, if you encounter any issues with the new firmware and driver, please let us know, your feedback is invaluable to us.

Here is the link:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... B_test.zip

Also, if you ever encounter problems of any kind with a Moog product, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for support. I have solved several of these types issues which appeared to be driver related but were in fact a bad USB hub. The forums are a great source of information, but know that our tech support team is here to help you, and we are a great resource.

You can contact me directly at [email protected] or by phone (828)251-0090 (tech support extensions are 221, 217, 204)

Thank you,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

fedy

Post by fedy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 am

Damn, you got it working ! I have to apologise myself for my previous words.

Meanwhile I have bought a Slim Phatty, but because of Minitaur issue I even
didn't try to use the Slim Phatty VST editor. Now I will try, hope will succeed
using them both together.

Thanks.

narco77

Post by narco77 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:43 am

hi,

unfortunatly, for me, the driver installation still ends with an error message and the firmware update makes the minitaur unusable (sound is distorted.inaudible..)
Am I doing something wrong ?

danielbredenielsen

Post by danielbredenielsen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi! Just bought the Minitaur. Got the same problem with the "Hardware Disconnected" in the Editor. Have followed the instructions several times with regards to the firmware-update. Would appreciate some help :-)

- Daniel

TR808

Post by TR808 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi. New customer on Minitaur. I'm on Windows 10 x64 with Ableton Live 9.7.1. I tried different version of Editor and firmware. I'm now on firmware 2.1.7 but like I said, I try many version include the official firmware 2.1.1 and I still have the disconnected hardware in VST mode. If I'm on Stand Alone everything work fine. In VST plugin, I can MIDI LEARN controlled but what is really annoying is I cannot save or load my preset.

I would like to know if Amos or the official support technician plan to release a fix for people like me that have still problem with the VST plugin?

Thanks you very much.

djrennz

Post by djrennz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Has this problem been fixed? I bought my moog a few months ago and have problems with it ever since. Sometimes it works perfect other times no sound comes out of it at all. Sometimes I can save presets, other times it doesn't save the patch with the under the hood settings or just completely f##ks up the moog and I have to reinstall the firmware. Always says hardware disconnected. If I use it in a track and try to reopen it the moog won't work. Pain it the ass :(

Sonic2017

Post by Sonic2017 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 am

i have a same problem , thanks !

felis

Post by felis » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 pm

TR808 wrote:.... I'm now on firmware 2.1.7 but like I said, I try many version include the official firmware 2.1.1 and I still have the disconnected hardware in VST mode....
Where are you finding the different versions?

My Minitaur came with a newer version, but I messed it up and had to go back to the one on this site which is several years old.

hungry4music

Post by hungry4music » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:18 am

..bought MT a couple of days ago with firmware 2.1 and instead of exploring new synth I'm fighting this "hardware disconnected" thing ..tried everything mentioned above with 2 different pc's (win7 32 bit & win8.1 64 bit) and still no luck(( ..very disappointed

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 pm

hungry4music wrote:..bought MT a couple of days ago with firmware 2.1 and instead of exploring new synth I'm fighting this "hardware disconnected" thing ..tried everything mentioned above with 2 different pc's (win7 32 bit & win8.1 64 bit) and still no luck(( ..very disappointed
I just got one too. Out of the box, with the download links they sent me upon registering, the Moog Midi Driver did not work. I emailed Adam Pryor and got the latest versions. After updating to the versions Adam sent me, the Moog Midi driver still doesn't work. It just doesn't show up in the MT editor or Nuendo. So, I'm using the generic driver and it is working fine. I haven't updated Windows 7 in a while so I'm putting it down to that and moving on. I've already used the MT in several tracks and started several new tracks because the sound is very nice, dare I say, inspiring. This little synth sure has caused big problems on the software side. Crazy. My Sub37 is rock solid on both the software and hardware. Never even so much as a glitch.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:37 pm

Have you tried yet with the update released yesterday?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

hungry4music

Post by hungry4music » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 am

..yeah it finally works!
..sorry if it's not a proper place 4 this kind of question but anyway ..after update MT starts to play from C#0 and there's no reaction when C0 pressed but let's say when I jump from C#0 to C0 it's playing ..connect through midi from arturia keystep ..what it could be please?