Minitaur Locked Up

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ChurchShoes

Minitaur Locked Up

Post by ChurchShoes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 pm

I've had a Minitaur for about 10 months now, and it's always worked great. It's been sitting in one spot on my desk the whole time. I plugged it in on Sunday and all four buttons were lit up, and it wasn't receiving any MIDI input. Computer doesn't recognize it through USB. I emailed Moog support on Sunday but never got a response. Today I called and they suggested I reseat the ribbon cable inside. I did that, and it didn't help at all. Not sure what happened, as it's just been on my desk. Any other ideas or is it time to send it in?

ChurchShoes

Re: Minitaur Locked Up

Post by ChurchShoes » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Never mind, I just requested a RMA. I never received a response to my message to tech support. Terrible customer service. Phone support offered minimal help as well.

bombiggy

Post by bombiggy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

Same exact thing happened to me. All good one day, the next frozen with the four buttons lit up. Same suggestion from tech support. Had me unscrewing the thing on the phone messing with the ribbon(which also does seem to be a flimsy setup). I sent it back to the online retailer I got it from and they passed it on to Moog.....5 weeks ago. Hasn't shown back up yet.

*UPDATE* Strangely enough Sweetwater called today(feb. 25) and said they received the MT back from Moog and it's on it's way back my cave. If the thing didn't sound so good and if Amos wasn't the decent dude he seems to be I would of been out a while back.

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:30 am

That sucks. I have to say that Amos REALLY IS the decent dude he seems to be. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet! He has time for everyone and always does his best to help!
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 am

Hi guys,

I am sorry if you did not receive an immediate response to your email inquiries!!!

We get a large volume of email, and sometimes there can be a short delay in how long it can take us to respond. There should never be a case where you do not get any response at all, and I will look into this for you.

If you ever require immediate assistance with an issue, do not hesitate to email me directly: [email protected]

You may also call me directly at my desk for questions or Tech Support: (828)-251-0090 ext 221

We are here to help, never hesitate to contact us directly.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Tech Support Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

ChurchShoes

Post by ChurchShoes » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 pm

I called twice last week to check on this and never heard a response. Again, awful customer service. I left a VM at ext. 217 the first time, and the second the receptionist said that she would give my message directly to whoever necessary.

ChurchShoes

Post by ChurchShoes » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Now April 5th and still have not received my Minitaur back, without any updates on status.