Minitaur + Beat Step = portable goodness

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Sir Nose

Minitaur + Beat Step = portable goodness

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 am

Anyone else considering grabbing an arturia Beat Step to pair up with their minitaur?

Access the under the hood features, knobs, pads, and sequencer.
16 knobs, 16 pads, sequencer can run in the background while the knobs and pads are in use for something else, midi and cv.

robml

Re: Minitaur + Beat Step = portable goodness

Post by robml » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm

i had a good look at it.

now reconsidering getting a spark le as arturia have now supposedly fixed the software (due march)

cheers

robml

Post by robml » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 pm

just picked up a second hand spark le on ebay for a song.

looking forward to the new software coming march ;)

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 am

I recently helped a friend out with deciding which drum machine to purchase, and it ended up being the Arturia Spark LE. Since then, I've been jamming with him with my Moog arsenal, and I must say, it's a pretty cool little controller (it's VERY portable). The only issue he's experienced is an occasional connection drop-out (Spark LE - PC). Good to know there's new software on the way though, I will pass that on. It may clear up any of these minor issues.

I also watched the NAMM videos of the Beat Step, and that looked like another nice compact interface from Arturia - flexible too! I'm not really in the market for any of these devices at the moment though - I've got a second hand Voyager XL in the pipeline.. :lol:

David.
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107