T3 Value Switch Naming Issue

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
psynthetic

T3 Value Switch Naming Issue

Post by psynthetic » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 am

Hello to my bovine brothers and sisters.

I was having a play with some presets on my T3 today when I noticed an issue that's causing me a little bit of concern.

Namely, I went to change the name on a patch I'd been working on, scrolling through the first letter was no issue, however, when I clicked the value wheel down to move on to the next letter… nothing happened :(

The action/sound/feedback from the Value Switch/Knob still feels like it should.. this particular T3 has never been out to a live show and I'm the first owner.. It has moved house with me once, but in theory it should be mechanically sound..

Hopefully this is a Firmware issue… I'm running version 2.0.3

If any T3 owners out there running 2.0.3 could try changing a patch name for me I'd really appreciate it.

Fingers crossed it's just a bug with the Firmware.. I'm in Australia and I really don't wanna have to send my baby overseas to have it looked at.

Thanks for your help guys..

In other news, I popped onto the Taurus 3 Microsite today and noticed on my profile that it had been 1 year and 20 hours this morning since I received and registered my beloved bull (number 414 and I bought it in 2012, had been sitting in the distributors shop for years, sealed in a box, guess there isn't much demand for them over here..)

stiiiiiiive

Re: T3 Value Switch Naming Issue

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 am

I had the same issue with a Little Phatty: could not rename patches fartehr than the first letter. I had a code: one letter per project, whatever the rest of the name was :)
On the Phatty, it was a minor hassle since only that and the arp were inaccessible.

On the T3, I don't know. What I know is it may not be a software problem, unfortunately. That being said, the Moog support guys will tell you better than me.

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks for getting back to me mate.

Yeah I had a flick through the manual last night.. Gonna try out the push button on some other menus, couldn't think of anything else I could test it on at the time.

I'll report back on how that goes.. I suppose if it won't work on any of the menus and no one else is having the same issue then I can safely assume that it's a hardware fault *sigh*

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

I've done some more experiments.

The value switch is working in other scenarios. For instance, if I move the cursor to control cutoff in 1 step increments with the value knob, i can hold down the value knob and turn it to adjust in 10 step increments…

I'm gonna go ahead and try an find a few more situations I can use the value switch in to see if any others come up.. just hard to think of them, pouring over the manual to try as many as i can.

…so anyway, I'm guessing thats a "good" sign that it's a firmware issue.

Any T3 owners out there on 2.0.3 who've had an opportunity to test this yet?

Amos?

Thanks for your help guys.

EDIT: Found another place I can test it. If i press master, go to system utilities hit cursor to move to the first option, i can then click the value push switch to scroll through the different utilities (Master Volume, Version etc..) OR turn the value knob to do the same thing.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:59 am

Seems a software problem indeed. Good news then :)

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Yup, I'm calling it a win.

Now all I need is an FW update to fix it, maybe a good excuse to get the T3 sending transposed arp MIDI notes while we're there. :wink:

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:37 am

I am about a month behind where I thought I would be right now, in terms of my work... and NAMM is coming soon (mid/late January) -- so I don't think that I will have time for T3 until after NAMM. Just being realistic. I will help as soon as I can!

Thanks,

Amos

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Thanks Mate.

I can still change the first letter and save presets to alt locations, so I'll survive in the meantime.

I would still be interested in hearing from anyone with access to a T3 though. I'd like to see if anyone else can replicate this issue?

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Without wishing to derail Amos from doing an update to the Taurus 3 - I'd still like one please - I have tried renaming as above and can toggle through all the letters no problem.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Mr Arkadin, thanks for letting me know that you're not having the same issue.

Can you just confirm for me what version of the firmware you're running also?

Thanks Mate :)

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 am

Same as you, 2.0.3.

Oddly enough I can only see 2.0.25 on the website available for download.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony