Minitaur H E L P - Problem saving and loading patches

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
dance_mania

Minitaur H E L P - Problem saving and loading patches

Post by dance_mania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I´m on Mountain Lion, 64 bit but running Live 9 in 32 bit and need help getting the Minitaur to correctly save patches from the hardware to the editor.

I want to use the Minitaur like this:
Programming in the hardware unit. Working with for example a bass sound. When happy > save the preset from(in the hardware unit and start on another sound. Then I want to go back later on to the older sound, loading this preset into the hardware unit.

Can´t get this to work properly. When I am programming a sound, go to the Editor and click "Save", it seems to save the setting that at the point shows within the editor, which is not the same settings as I have on the hardware unit.

1. why does the editor not show what I am doing on the hardware unit?
2. since it´s not, it apparently saves what´s in the Editor and not the hardware
3. when closing and then relaunching the editor, the "Minitaur > Capture Bank" show only "?" and not even the presets I loaded in there.

So - nothing seems to work correctly.

Any tips and ideas?

Amos

Re: Minitaur H E L P - Problem saving and loading patches

Post by Amos » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:35 pm

the editor shows ??? until you get the presets from the hardware via Capture Bank...

to get an individual sound from the hardware type ctrl-C to capture, BEFORE you "save".

I apologize for the editor's lack of savoir faire... a completely new version is in the works.

in the meantime there is beta firmware which allows saving directly onto the hardware... but there are some bug reports, so I may need to do another update before this new option is reliable.

cheers,

Amos

goldphinga

Re: Minitaur H E L P - Problem saving and loading patches

Post by goldphinga » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 am

what button combo do i use to save sounds on the hardware please?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.