QSC KW Series And The T-3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Scott Rolf

QSC KW Series And The T-3

Post by Scott Rolf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm

For what it's worth and if anybody cares, the QSC KW Series powered loudspeakers (KW152 in my case) used in conjunction with the T3 absolutely rocks. I'm running two of these beauties and it sounds fantastic. If you're not familiar with QSC, by-all-means look into them. Serious product for serious people.
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

Gith

Re: QSC KW Series And The T-3

Post by Gith » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 pm

There are some of us T-3 owners about you know! cheers for the tip..

Ive been considering a dedicated amp/speaker for my Taurus and these things look like they would fit the bill.. my other option was an orange bass head, but that has yet to be tested..
[url]https://soundcloud.com/subliminalsandwich/sets/codex-provocateur[/url]

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Negative on the bass head. Bass amps are for bass guitars (and sometimes 6-string guitars) only.
The T3 is a synth. Therefore must be treated as such. You need something flat in the EQ area. Plus, having an amp built into the speaker shortens the signal travel from the amp to the speaker resulting in no lag. These are 1,000 watts of flat dedicated power.
Plus, the combination of a 15" speaker and horn gives you the bass and treble your T3 needs. The cabinets are wood thus enhancing the bass response. PLUS, the KW series has a DEEP switch on the rear that increases your bass response.
I've been on the search for a dedicated system for my T3 for a long time and this IS IT.
I'm all smiles on this end and trust me when I say that I am VERY particular with it comes to sound. So-much-so it's become my curse in many ways.
You will not regret snagging a couple of these. I use a small Mackie 2 channel mixer between my T3 and speakers because I like having my gain and volume control on a table top in reach instead of adjusting from the rear of the speakers.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:12 pm

If I recall, your sales rep told you that a second set wasn't necessary :mrgreen:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 am

I can definitely back you up on the QSC KW series. I have a pair of the 153s in conjunction with two K12s and the K-sub (still want to add the KW-sub, ha). I now have a Motion Sound kp-500 and the SW-15 sub, so that we can use the QSC PA for the band (mainly me and the drummer). So, the Motion Sound duo paired with the QSC PA . . . seriously loud, yet oh so clear and crisp. Lovely.

Congratulations on getting the pair. I don't care what any sales rep says, you gotta have stereo :mrgreen:

vasago

Post by vasago » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 am

k12's sound good and are easy to lug around, which is the main selling point for me. Loud as bleep too.
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Depends on the amp. Not sure I would do well putting my Mesa with tube front end behind the Taurus; but I have an SWR WorkingPro combo that has a horn (with switchable crossover) and a solid state front end and it is really really good with the T3. (it has a 15" driver)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:14 pm

MC wrote:If I recall, your sales rep told you that a second set wasn't necessary :mrgreen:
You are indeed correct sir. But the OCD part of me just HAD to have two. However, it does sound even better.
Also, I'm now using them for my bass guitar in conjunction with a Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver. Sounds amazing!!

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 am

I am toying with the idea of using a Yamaha DSR115 for live use. Anyone used these?
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony