V2 firmware - can't initialise minitaur

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Karsten42

Re: V2 firmware - can't initialise minitaur

Post by Karsten42 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Amos,
same problems entering bootloader mode. Any news about that topic? Do you already know what the problem is?

bgirl

Post by bgirl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 am

My third unit worked as expected. The two first ones bought from the same shop in England didn't, white versions. The last one is black from Germany, and working as expected.

I had the choice to send those back to moog or get a refund, had to go with the last option since sending them to USA was expensive.

Hope you find a solution.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 am

So far, I haven't seen any reports of this problem in the USA... have not gotten any such units back here to look at them. So I still don't know anything about the underlying cause. I won't until I can examine a unit which has this behavior...

pocket30

Post by pocket30 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 am

Amos–

I am a USA (New York) based user. Just received my white Minitaur and am having the same problem described above:

1) Minitaur REV 2 Software doesn't tell me which version firmware the Minitaur has ("Firmware: ?")

2) I tried numerous times and various orders of the following steps in order to try to update firmware:

–– Removed all connections
–– Powered up Minitaur while holding VCO 1 & 2 switches
–– Pressed "Release" switch
–– Released all 3 buttons

To no avail. (Glide button doesn't blink).

Do the new Minitaurs come preloaded with updated firmware or do I need to figure out this process?

Mine seems to recognize different Decay/Release times, as described in the manual.

However, it won't load presets when I try to access them through the control panel (disconnected from the computer) – although the Minitaur Editor 2.0 software will save and load presets to and from the Minitaur.

Hoping this has a solution I can apply myself as I'd rather not deal with shipping and testing several units as the previous posters have described.

ARNK

Post by ARNK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Here's report
Amos wrote:So far, I haven't seen any reports of this problem in the USA... have not gotten any such units back here to look at them. So I still don't know anything about the underlying cause. I won't until I can examine a unit which has this behavior...
Hi, here's another report from the USA. I'm a bit worried as the last post has gone unanswered... I have the same EXACT issue(s). Is there any news on this?

Thank you

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:10 pm

It sounds as if a handful of units may have been shipped without boot loaders installed. While unlikely, it is possible.
Please contact our service department as soon as is possible. If this is the case, we will bring your unit in and address this immediately.

828-251-0090
[email protected]

-Your Friends at Moog

talmforth

Post by talmforth » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi there - a little bit worried about this as I bought a minitaur from eBay, has recently become apparent that I need to update the firmware as it is not recognising the unit in the (mac osx) editor. It's an English unit and I have seen many others have had trouble with loading into boot mode and thus being able to send sysex messages to the machine. As it is an ebay purchase it becomes a bit difficult when pinpointing where exactly it was originally bought and I certainly couldn't get a refund now. If a workaround has been discovered for such issues please let me know and I will see to it myself, otherwise I will need a hand in knowing what the best avenue is to follow from here.

Thankyou,

Tom

Bertotti

Post by Bertotti » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Tom the last post in this thread before yours was 2012. I got my minitaur and updated fine a few months ago but honestly don't know if it needed it I just did it. I would call moog service direct and ask them I you have concerns only because it is probably the quickest way to get an answer.
Last edited by Bertotti on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

till

Post by till » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 am

Amos wrote:t...
I will also add a sysex command to enter boot loader mode, so there's no need to rely on difficult Konami Code type maneuvers in the future.
Yes, please.
This will simplify the update process for users.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

levi.uwk

Post by levi.uwk » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:55 am

Is there a sysex command to enter boot loader mode? I bought a second hand Minitaur and I can't enter boot loader mode with the steps.

till

Post by till » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:14 pm

levi.uwk wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:55 amIs there a sysex command to enter boot loader mode?
F0 04 08 11 00 00 F7
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

komal123

Post by komal123 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 am

I don't think this is an issue with strategy - I believe it's more of a quality control issue maybe? I needed to return THREE of these with a similar flaw. I have one now that refreshes alright. A debt of gratitude is in order for that. The issue is I can't get it into bootloader mode. I'm adhering to these guidelines exactly and the float switch doesn't flicker.