Minitaur and EHX 8 Step Program Sequencer Problem

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Vaskula

Minitaur and EHX 8 Step Program Sequencer Problem

Post by Vaskula » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:10 pm

I just bought the 8 Step Program to use with my Minitaur and it is not working at all. The 8 Step is on but somehow not communicating with the Minitaur's CV. I tried using the CP-251 right after just to check that it's not the Minitaur and it works fine. Are they not compatible CV voltages? Please help.

Krinor

Re: Minitaur and EHX 8 Step Program Sequencer Problem

Post by Krinor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm

As far as I know the EHX 8 step program sequencer does not have a gate output. I haven't studied the unit but I would suggest you try the following:
Patch the square wave output from the LFO on the CP-251 to the mult. section. Then patch one cable from the mult to the Minitaur gate in and another from mult to the EHX unit's Exp. in (Be sure to set the Exp mode on the 8 Step to "Rate"). Finally run a cable from the EHX unit CV out to your Minitaur CV in. This should put the two units in sync with each other while also providing a gate signal to the VCA - and thus produce audible sound. ;-)

stiiiiiiive

Re: Minitaur and EHX 8 Step Program Sequencer Problem

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:53 am

Indeed the EHX 8SP does not outputs gate. That being said, another topic here relates to a mod that allows to have one since the circuit board seems to have been designed with that in mind.

For the time being, the work around above is what you need with just one correction though: the EXP MODE should not be RATE. You actually need to set the pedal in EXT SYNC mode, which is achieved when all the EXP MODE LEDs are lit. IIRC -but the manual will certainly tell you- the jack has to be plugged to enable this mode.