Minitaur Power Switch?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
archer

Minitaur Power Switch?

Post by archer » Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Is there a reason why the Minitaur doesn't have an on/off switch? Is it because it's designed to be a rack unit?

Pedro Barbosa

Re: Minitaur Power Switch?

Post by Pedro Barbosa » Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

I hate have to turn off my Minitaur on the power supply.. afraid to break it

Stuka

Re: Minitaur Power Switch?

Post by Stuka » Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Non of the MoogerFoogers have on/off switches either.

I've seen many electronic devices that use portable ("wall wart") power supplies (including my Doepfer gear), and do not include a power switch.

Not really an issue ~
Most decent surge protector power strips have a single switch that shuts down all the outlets.

With these, when turned "off" you're completely removing power from the portable power supplies and any connected device. And, you're providing surge protection, which is highly recommended for sensitive & expensive electronic equipment.

My Minitaur is rack mounted, and it would be a PITA to access an on/off switch that was mounted anywhere other than the front panel.
Looks much better without one... :wink:

I use a Furman rack-mounted power strip to switch all my Moog and Doepfer gear at once.

Works great :)

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...