Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi all! I fixed some Taurus 3 bugs this week, and added a couple of features.

This should probably be called version 2.1.0, but I'm tagging it 2.0.3 since it's not been officially tested yet and this isn't an official release. It seems to work though; maybe you'd like to check it out as well.

Fixed: MIDI OUT filtering works now (can choose not to send Volume CC7 from volume wheel, or no CCs at all from either of the footwheels, only notes). Also, MIDI CC output should be better.

New: Can save footwheel volume per preset, can save pedal transpose per preset.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 8Mar13.syx

cheers,

Amos

Mr Arkadin

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Nothing seems to happen at my end. I get a brief message saying "Updating..." (it is too brief to see the rest of the message) and then nothing seems to happen. Is it supposed to do the full count up and reset like previous updates?
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 pm

yes, it should follow the same routine as all the previous updates.

I know it works for me and at least one other fellow... make sure FW UPDATE is enabled (Master menu, System utilities page), this defaults to Off every time so you need to set it manually before sending the update. If you've done that already, try changing something about your MIDI-sending situation (switch to USB, switch from USB to a 3rd-party interface, update the drivers for said interface...)

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Got it working. The key is to NOT use the USB, but use regular MIDI and it works. Haven't tested anything yet though.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:37 am

Amos wrote:New: Can save footwheel volume per preset, can save pedal transpose per preset.
Only just read this - this will be great for quick changes even within one song - a bit like hitting the Octave switch but with any transpose avaialble. Nice one.

I think I've been one of the most vocally downbeat about T3 continuing development so a big thumbs up and a pint if you get to London. Here's looking to v2.5 and ultimately v3.0. :mrgreen:

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Amos wrote:Hi all! I fixed some Taurus 3 bugs this week, and added a couple of features.

This should probably be called version 2.1.0, but I'm tagging it 2.0.3 since it's not been officially tested yet and this isn't an official release. It seems to work though; maybe you'd like to check it out as well.

Fixed: MIDI OUT filtering works now (can choose not to send Volume CC7 from volume wheel, or no CCs at all from either of the footwheels, only notes). Also, MIDI CC output should be better.

New: Can save footwheel volume per preset, can save pedal transpose per preset.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 8Mar13.syx

cheers,

Amos
Are you wearing a Santa hat and going on UHF TV touting that it's Christmas in April? : )

I was perfectly happy with the code in my Taurus (which is old by any measure) because when I stomp on dem pedals, the house shakes, but kudos and thank you for not leaving the faithful in the dust.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 am

gone try him , thanks very much again

PaulieBe

Post by PaulieBe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am

GREAT UPDATE.

Thank you Amos. It all works like a charm.

I really needed all of those new features. You guys are tops.

Best, PB

xsubs

Post by xsubs » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

Thank you Amos... very pleased you're not forgetting us T3 users. Seems that every post lately is for the Minitaur... cool synth, but a toy next to the T3 :twisted:
Rickenbacker 60's & early 70's 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses ♦ Zon Sonus 8-string Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) & Reeves Amplification

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 pm

I'll be loading this ASAP! Thanks a lot, Amos! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 am

I have tried installing this update using Sysex Librarian and MIDIOX with success.

However, after the update, most parameters (if not all), have a very limited range compared to version 2.0.2. Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

metron

Post by metron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm

You might need to recalibrate the control wheel? After the first firmware update I did I noticed I couldn't easily zero whatever parameter I was controlling. Recalibrating worked perfectly.
MF102, MF104M, CP251, Minitaur

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Well I did the calibration procedure, without success. The number on the display reads out correctly, but the parameters are really at 1/4th of their usual value.

I tried using external controllers (7 or 14-bit) too, and even though the display on the T3 doesn't update in realtime, the same thing happens.

Everything works as expected when I roll back to 2.0.2
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:49 pm

hmmm, interesting! evidently, this is not the same for everyone.
I'll compare the two versions carefully, to see what could be the difference.
Thanks for your tests!

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Hello and thank you Amos! :D

FYI The FW 2.0.3 updated successfully (via USB) without a hitch — following instructions from the last T3 update using the supplied SYsEx app

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell either this FW update still hasn't addressed the ARP/TRANSPOSE problem I bugged you about ~ or perhaps I have just not set something right in the T3 menus?

Problem remains — Sending notes out from Arpeggiator works properly only until I hit the transpose button after which the T3 plays the transposed notes but the MIDI notes going out do not change from the original pattern... is there something else I need to do within T3 menus or has this just not been addressed yet?

many thanks, Pete
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D