Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
sunny pedaal

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 am

The editor is what really baffles me : you have made and upgraded an editor for the minitaur, so how much work would it be to adapt that one for the t3 ???
(Not nice)

MC

Post by MC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

matbard wrote:The brand had the same behavior for discontinued products: they simply dropped them without further support. I absolutely love my Taurus 3 set, but I was hoping in a definitive firmware and a Mac editor...
Moog Music is hardly the first.

Unlike the Minitaur, the T3 does not have features "under the hood" that can only be accessed by an editor. And the front panel IS the editor.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 am

true,
but it's very unhandy to program a sound when i have to bend over all the time, as the t3 lays on the floor, under my other keyboards....
everything is connected by midi ,and steered / editable by midi/ cubase, so it's unhandy to have one that for some strange reason doesn't allow distant control
( i know the voyager can be used to control, but that is chaotic and interferes with normal use of the voyager).
the solution would be very simple: small adaptation of the minitaur editor so that it can recognize the t3 . don't think many people will be bothered by some functions that don't work on the t3, they will be glad to be able to control the t3 straight away without having to crawl on the floor as only alternative.

this besides a long awaited firmware update to unbug this magnificent machine completely...
it's good if the firm ( moog) would finish/ complete the thing , good for the name of moog, and creating even more good feelings in the group of hardtime moog users ( and sponsors of the whole t3/ minitaur en further derivates of this model)

another one ( therafter) could be a small editor for the mp201 pedal

thanks beforehand for all the work to be done , a constructive thinking long term moog fan

MC

Post by MC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 pm

sunny pedaal wrote:as the t3 lays on the floor, under my other keyboards....
My T3 is at waist level not on the floor. I don't play it with my feet - that's what MIDI is for.

I agree that tweaking the T3 on the floor is not always convenient. For lack of an editor, I found other solutions.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

till

Post by till » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:20 pm

sunny pedaal wrote:...
another one ( therafter) could be a small editor for the mp201 pedal...
To me, an editor for the MP201 is more important.

For sound design, I put my Taurus 3 on the couch table.

But indeed, they first treaded us Taurus 3 buyers as premium customers, but now Moog forgot about us :-(

If only they would publish the sysex documentation.
This would enable someone to write an editor with patch handling.

I am not asking to get it for free.
I would pay for a working editor.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm

I'm an organ player from "origin ", so 2 manuals andromeda-a6 and voyager ( with midi connected hammond module) and t3 for the footwork :-)

Regarding the fact that the t3 reacts to knob movements of the voyagers makes me think the editing is done by msb- lsb controller data , not sysex
Problem is hardly any daw supports making your own editor with these
Therefore taking the minitaureditor as startingpoint and simply changing the number of msb/lsb , would probably be sufficient ...

till

Post by till » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:37 pm

sunny pedaal wrote:...
Regarding the fact that the t3 reacts to knob movements of the voyagers makes me think the editing is done by msb- lsb controller data , not sysex ...
Right, edits are done via MIDI CC.

But there is no way to store or load the presets settings into an editor without sysex.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Oke, understood
Regarding the fact that they probably don't use checksum ( like roland) that won't be such a big deal either : change the id, parameters probably will be mostly the same
Anybody knows if the presets of the t3 and minitaur are mostly the same / interchangable ?
I don't think it's rocketscience, just a question of some attention and a little time
Especially for footwork equipment an editor is a must !
After all , we all come on age, and creeping on the floor isn't getting easier :-)

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:09 am

Good to see some new posts in the T3 forum :-)
Hopefully someone from Moog might join in.

Neekau

Post by Neekau » Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 am

Neekau wrote:However, I would love to have Amos asking his boss "I need 2 days development for the loyal T3 users so they can benefit a little of the Minitaur features, so they can still be happy and buy some new upcoming expensive piece of Moog gear". And when his boss says "this is a 5-years old topic, we have other priorities", he can answer "I know, they have been waiting THAT long, so they simply deserve it. Right ?"
(and I am not talking about spending weeks to find out why my very T3 still freezes notes sometimes...)
Just quoting myself... I still think this is a valid scenario ! :mrgreen:
"There's something wrong about this world in which Clouds sells 5x more than Tides." O.Gillet

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am

Neekau wrote:
Neekau wrote:However, I would love to have Amos asking his boss "I need 2 days development for the loyal T3 users so they can benefit a little of the Minitaur features, so they can still be happy and buy some new upcoming expensive piece of Moog gear". And when his boss says "this is a 5-years old topic, we have other priorities", he can answer "I know, they have been waiting THAT long, so they simply deserve it. Right ?"
(and I am not talking about spending weeks to find out why my very T3 still freezes notes sometimes...)
Just quoting myself... I still think this is a valid scenario ! :mrgreen:
Yes, absolutely. Does Amos even work at Moog anymore?
So, I have a set of T3 with incomplete Firmware, a Sub37 with non responsive pitch select switch on Osc1 and one of my two Minitaur's has ceased to be reliable pitch wise on one of the Oscillators.
Love the sound my Moog's make but less than satisfied with the quality and support.

a2dconverter

Post by a2dconverter » Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

It looks like Amos still works there :D

https://www.linkedin.com/in/amos-gaynes-4b208713/
Moog Taurus I #1708 (1972)
http://stagecue.com/t1.html

Moog Taurus I (1981) Custom Table-Top x MIDI IN
http://stagecue.com/t3.html

Moog Rogue #2040 (1981) x MIDI IN x internal PS
http://stagecue.com/rogue.html

matbard

Post by matbard » Tue May 15, 2018 3:46 am

Amoooooooossss!!! Where are you??? :(

heathcarlisle

Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3 - Disabled DIN MIDI

Post by heathcarlisle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:35 pm

After updating to Firmware 2.0.3 the T3 stopped responding to data input on the DIN port.

Reverting to 2.0.2.5 fixed the problem.

I could not a find a reference to this issue on the thread - can anyone confirm this is an issue? Nothing in the thread alluded to a setting that might be the cause, and scouring the menus looking for some explanation still came up empty.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:54 pm

I upgraded to v2.0.3 and never had issues with the DIN port.