Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ilovemusic

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by ilovemusic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Once the NOTE SYNC is turned on via CC #81... is its state saved in the device after unpowering ?

Does the Editor work in Windows 8 yet ? I tried it on Windows 8 Pro 64 in various compatibility modes etc. to no success (Runtime error)

Anyone know a solution to this ?

Thanks

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 am

new editor is in the works. Note Sync is saved if you save the preset... which you can do from the front panel now, in the latest beta firmware. I'll be working on an official firmware update release, starting next week.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:34 am

Amos wrote:new editor is in the works.
Will there be a VST / AU version? Will the lovely developer that did the Sub Phatty editor be working on it?

:mrgreen:
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm

acatcalledanarchy wrote:Will there be a VST / AU version? Will the lovely developer that did the Sub Phatty editor be working on it?
yes, and yes :D
Last edited by Amos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

TffShtt wrote:2.0.10 didn't work for me at all...I got the dreaded high-pitched-constant-note problem on both oscillators before playing a single note. Reinstalled...using the erase sysex then sending 2.0.10: same dreaded high-pitched-constant-note problem on both oscillators. Decided to revert to 2.0.8.
[...] I am probably missing something.
Yes, after you update to 2.0.10, *then* send the "reset pitch-cv calibration to default" sysex file, as mentioned in this post.

ilovemusic

Post by ilovemusic » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Amos wrote:new editor is in the works. Note Sync is saved if you save the preset... which you can do from the front panel now, in the latest beta firmware. I'll be working on an official firmware update release, starting next week.
Thanks for your reply. How do I do that from the front panel ? I tried looking for instructions but I could not find anything.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry about that; I still need to compile all the new feature documentation into a single manual addendum. I will do that prior to the official new-firmware release. For now, the only info is in this thread.

Hardware command to output all parameters as MIDI CCs:
- Press & Hold Glide switch + Double-Tap the Release switch.

Hardware command to save preset to the currently-active memory location:
- Press & Hold Glide switch + Press & Hold Release switch for 1 second.
(first press Glide, then Release; hold both for 1sec. You will see the MIDI LED flash to confirm that the save happened.)

reminder: to switch between presets on the hardware, hold the Glide switch + press the VCO1 Wave or VCO2 Wave switches to increment/decrement presets. Or you can send MIDI program change messages from a controller. holding Glide + pressing both Wave switches at once returns you to Preset 00 / panel settings. Then Glide+VCO1 Wave will increment to Preset 1, then Preset 2, etc. as it is pressed repeatedly.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 am

Amos wrote:
acatcalledanarchy wrote:Will there be a VST / AU version? Will the lovely developer that did the Sub Phatty editor be working on it?
yes, and yes :D
Good to hear. I may well re-buy a Minataur once it's released. I love the Sub Phatty VST/editor. :)

cousinofdeath

Post by cousinofdeath » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 am

I'm still finding lots of bugs with the firmware.

When I save a preset from the front panel, my release settings go out of whack. That goes for all the envelope settings, things are just off.

I'm actually finding I prefer the Rev 2.0 way of setting release, it was more stable with presets.

LFO values go crazy/aren't always saved right.

Sometimes I can't save presets that use the square wave OSC settings.

using my MPC to change patches is a crapshoot. Sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't.

The editor is non-functional.

I love the minitaur, all the knobs. but for live use it's a little finicky if you don't just run it without program changes, using the front panel for all adjustments in realtime.

Might have to trade it in for a Mopho :(
Minitaur (sequenced via MIDI with an MPC1000 and USB w/ mac running OSX 10.10)
MF-101 Lo-Pass Filter
MF-103 Phaser

snailbirdfish

Post by snailbirdfish » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Amos!

You are the man! Thank you so much for the sysex for midi transpose!!!!!!!.
This is so awesome and that you did this 3 days after i requested it - - shows to me the commitment of Moog to their artists.
This blows the door open for my exploration of the minitaur with my xylosynth...
Now my hunt for another bass module is very very over!!!!! May add a Slim Phatty for some Polyphony though.. :-)
I really really appreciate, I wonder if my unsuspecting listeners will appreciate the xylosynth rhythmic pulsating minitaur bass~!!!

Thanks again Amos, hope too see you at Moogfest 2014!!!

Cheers,
WiL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snailbirdfish.ca
3emlya.ca
Audiophysiopsychics.ca
Plutonic Polkadots
bollokscraftrecords.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#Mooglyee = = Xylosynth AND MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104, CP-251, Minitaur, Ehterwave Plus, Animoog, and not much in my bank account.

ALB

Post by ALB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Amos, (and everybody)

I bought a white Minitaur this summer, to replace my 303 on stage and then access - more than the sound itself - to a lot of Cc stuff, and different programs, etc... the sound is incredible (makes me wonder why i carried a Voyager for 2 years on tour just for playing basses that i can do with this small new friend and a midi keyboard )

out of the shop, it worked... just for the basic tests, but now i'm trying to program it for real (live show are coming soon ), i experience all the bugs & trouble like everybody on this Topic.

so i don't need to explain, i've read all this topic so now i'm pretty aware... my only question is :

I have one or two weeks before being veeeery late. should i try to update to 2.10 with the sysex, or do I just wait a bit because you're up to send the new OFFICIAL firmware update ??? or should I find another synth quickly to play my basses because this one would never be really... reliable ?? (that would be a shame, but I need something that I can really trust in... because the shame would be a mess with the bass in front of a lot of people... like happend to me last week )

main troubles are patch store/recall with a different sound, unable to save the release correctly... but you know that.

cheers from france, and sorry for the fren-glish if I wrote strange stuff

Clément - ALB

ALB

Post by ALB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:26 pm

(Finaly did the update, 2.10, and experimented a residual low constant note, the last that have been played... tell me if i should downgrade to 2.08 like someone did before, or wait for... 2.11 ? 3.0 ?? ;) )

mydni

Post by mydni » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 am

Same as ALB : strange noise after I release a note.
I return to 2.0.0.

ALB

Post by ALB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi Amos,

please give me (us) some news... even if it's not finished... you don't know how many musician i crossed these last weeks that are waiting for...you ! :idea:

i run on 2.08, and it is a bit more stable (always have a note on sometimes that stays on, and freeze the machine, I need to reboot by switch off/on, and this f..king residual low "last note played" that appeared since i've updated... but other things works better, so... :? )

main troubles are still :
the save/load fonctions on the editor PLEASE make it usable (i don't need to explain... you know all the troubles i guess )
for live users like me, it's veeeeery horrible. Please give the possibility to manage them propely, this is nightmare ! a simple drag/drop to manage, with "alt" on the keyboard to copy... for example... complicated ?

and this release thing... i'm not particulary dumb with machines, but i understand nothing at all (mode 1, mode 2... sometimes it works, sometimes not )
BUT ! sometimes, it works in a very easy and understandable manier :
the light is ON -> the double pot is for release
the light is OFF -> the double pot is for decay.
so the light is not here to say "there is release on this preset" but just to say "if you turn the pot you will turn the release"... and we have a real ADSR, with three pots. no matter if the light is on, or off.
could it be possible ?

but for the moment... just a lifeproof would be appreciated

cheers !
Clément-ALB

absentmusic1

Post by absentmusic1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 pm

The note freeze problem is a big problem since day one.
Thought it was Logic s fault, but havent any freezing problems with my phatty or DSI stuff, and the same Setup.
But I figured out that the Panic button in Editor now works correctly.
If your unit freeze, you havent to unplug the unit as before.
Only pusch panic short cut and the unit will be fine for some minutes
or seconds up to the next freeze.
But the note repeat noise that i hear since a week from my unit
is also not fine.
And like all the time, no answer from moog or support.
Never got this a experience with a company before.
I asked something about the AU Editor because i i want to purchase it.
No answer after two weeks.
That the Editor is not working correctly, is not the biggest problem.
I came from Instruments like Guitar and Piano.
I thought its normal to pick up your instrument, play it, leran it, enjoy it.
But since i have this Moog, i would love to play it, but since half a year i a cant
work or enjoy this unit more than 30 minutes at its best.
Before starting problem and forum research and sleeples nights, not because of practising with the instrument.
I invested so much frustating time in this unit, this was the most expensive buy in this year.
Because of the time and the result.
Much money for a Unit you cant realy use .
I think a holiday would have been a better investigation with this time and money.
And a better result.