Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Amos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 pm

mydni wrote:Hey Amos,
Unfortunately the noise when I release a note is still here, perhaps a bit less but still here, back to 2.0.0, no noise...
I think this is fixed now. :)
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 2_0_13.syx

in v2.0.13:

- reverted the change that caused a noise on envelope release
- further attempts to make Decay/Release behavior consistent and predictable in all cases.
(probably not 100% there yet, but closer)

My apologies for all the long waiting and incremental improvements... getting closer now.

Work continues on the new editor, as well.

ALB

Post by ALB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am

Sorry Amos but this one doesn't work at all for me...
i return to 2.0.12

in Mode 2, Release switch stays locked "light on" and there's no other way to light it off than switch in mode 1. Decay is not functionnal.
and while i'm writing, the minitaur freezed on a release/note on.

(about the "freeze" problem, do there is a shortcut that i can do in live situation in case of ? )

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm

ALB wrote: (about the "freeze" problem, do there is a shortcut that i can do in live situation in case of ? )
As every other MIDI gear, you can send a panic message (CC#120 or CC#123) on the current MIDI channel.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

ALB

Post by ALB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 pm

(i meant, physical shortcut)

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Fixed! Added a physical shortcut for panic/all-notes-off.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 2_0_14.syx

New in v2.0.14:

- still more improvements to Release/Decay control behavior.
- Resets globals to default on update. I hope this prevents some of the weird problems that affect only some users and not others.

Default global settings are:
Knob Mode = Relative
Note Priority = Last Note
MIDI In/Out channel: 1
MIDI input transpose: none
MIDI CC filter: off
14-bit MIDI: off
Load Preset Volume: off
Load Preset Mod Wheel: off

- Panel shortcut for "all notes off" : Press & Hold the GLIDE switch, then (while holding GLIDE) turn Amplifier SUSTAIN knob to zero.
- Bonus: Panel shortcut for "Gate always on" : Press & Hold the GLIDE switch, then turn Amplifier SUSTAIN knob from zero to maximum (turn the knob to zero and then to max, all while holding in the GLIDE switch). Use the "all notes off" shortcut to turn the gate off again when finished (droning/filtering/etc...).

Enjoy,

Amos
ALB wrote:...while i'm writing, the minitaur freezed on a release/note on.
What controller are you using to send notes to the minitaur? just curious if this is maybe a factor...

ALB

Post by ALB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

this time it was my MPC1000, midi, in loop mode on... maybe 8 bars. but sometimes it occurs while playing a whole song, sometimes in USB from my computer. i think, more often in loop mode.

it's not happening like 10 times in an hour, but enought to be afraid of live troubles and needs a panic button :) (lack of possibilities associated just with switches ? :idea: doing this with one hand (the other is still on the guitar or the piano) would be nice... but guess it's complicated, so much combinations...)

i use a midisolutions quad out of my mpc, for several machines, included the Minitaur. all of them have Program changes, Cc's and other message send on their respective channel. Minitaur is 01. sometimes i think it's maybe a Cc destinated to another machine that makes the minitaur fault, but it's happening when it's alone with no other channels too. sometimes. Always the same trouble... like a long release (or a note off miss ) where you can ear a few note that are still playing behind in legato, until the decay fall to 0. switch off/switch on (or Cc 123 from a DAW)

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:02 pm

ALB wrote:doing this with one hand (the other is still on the guitar or the piano) would be nice... but guess it's complicated, so much combinations...
GLIDE button is directly next to Amp SUSTAIN knob... I have only ever used one hand to do the new "all notes off" shortcut; one finger on the GLIDE button, and a thumb to turn the SUSTAIN knob. I am right-handed, I suppose with the left hand you would use thumb on the GLIDE and a finger to turn the SUSTAIN knob... but it should work much the same.. I hope this is not too much to do while playing another instrument.

I'll do some further investigation of the underlying issue, as well...

edit: I could do something else for all notes off... Hold Glide + tap three times on the RELEASE switch? Would that be better?
Any other suggestion?

-Amos

l4rs3rik

Post by l4rs3rik » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 am

Amos wrote: edit: I could do something else for all notes off... Hold Glide + tap three times on the RELEASE switch? Would that be better?
-Amos
I think the glide and sustain works just fine. It's a keeper if you ask me.

ALB

Post by ALB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:06 am

yes it's cool ! works great, i didn't figured, i wasn't in front of the minitaur

ALB

Post by ALB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:17 am

Sorry again, but the Decay/release mode still doesn't work for me AT ALL in 2.0.14, same as 2.0.13

mode 1 is working, but when switching to mode 2 (that should be the one and unique mode in my modest opinion) the release switch stays "light on" and is unusable... -> return to 2.0.12 to work this afternoon

cheers

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm

^^ that's odd, I don't have this problem at all. Mode 2 works for me as it should; the RELEASE toggles on/off reliably, and maps the Decay/Release knobs to Decay when off, and Release when on.

Did you try a Factory Reset after loading the latest firmware?
(http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... re_Cmd.syx)

I am not exactly sure why you should see a different behavior than I am seeing, but maybe the state of the global variables is different on your unit than on mine... I'll look at this some more, but I definitely am not seeing the same problem, which makes it a bit harder to fix. :?:

cheers,

Amos

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 pm

ALB wrote:Sorry again, but the Decay/release mode still doesn't work for me...
OK, I changed the switching on/off logic to be more robust, it should work even if there is some funny starting value in memory (as I suspect is the case in your unit). This will put it right, I am almost certain.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 2_0_15.syx

changed in v2.0.15:

- Release Mode 2 should work for all users now
- changing program from front panel (Glide button + osc1 wave or osc2 wave button) now sends MIDI program change (this can be disabled as well)
- small bug fixes (such as: fewer stray CC messages are sent when changing presets, etc. using panel shortcuts)

Like Mind

Post by Like Mind » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you Amos for all your hard work!

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Amos wrote:
ALB wrote: changed in v2.0.15:

Well, for me in this version, Release button does change the behavior of the Decay knob as you had explained, but it does not turn on or offf the Release mode of the envelope. For me its always on now.

The rest of the buttons are simply not working in this version :?:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 pm

bichuelo wrote:
Amos wrote:
ALB wrote: changed in v2.0.15:

Well, for me in this version, Release button does change the behavior of the Decay knob as you had explained, but it does not turn on or offf the Release mode of the envelope. For me its always on now.

The rest of the buttons are simply not working in this version :?:
That is the trade-off... in Release Mode 1, the Release button turns on/off the release section of the envelope, and that's its only function.
In Mode 2, the Release button controls the behavior of the Decay/Release knob (and that's its only function).

As for the other buttons not working... my apologies! I will test further before my next update.