Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Like Mind

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Like Mind » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 am

I've been having the following issues:

OSC 2 randomly out of tune, more frequent when Editor is running
LFO RATE & AMT sometimes unresponsive
Strange Editor knob behavior, not responding accurately
Sudden unexplained USB MIDI dropouts with Live 9. Power cycle will restore incoming MIDI signal but no audio will be output

Running firmware 2.0
Mac OS X 10.6.8

anxiogenn

Post by anxiogenn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:25 am

Hello Like Mind

I have the same problem as you my Minitaur it works well in Midi get well messages I see the yellow LED lights up against but I have no more audio sounds coming out of Minitaur I sends for repair tomorrow

on your side when your Minitaur does more audio you get to work? if so how did you?

I apologize for my English I'm French with a very bad métrise of English :)

Like Mind

Post by Like Mind » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 pm

anxiogenn wrote:Hello Like Mind

I have the same problem as you my Minitaur it works well in Midi get well messages I see the yellow LED lights up against but I have no more audio sounds coming out of Minitaur I sends for repair tomorrow

on your side when your Minitaur does more audio you get to work? if so how did you?

I apologize for my English I'm French with a very bad métrise of English :)

Hi anxiogenn

It usually takes multiple power cycles to get any audio once it drops out.

I was hoping a firmware update would solve the problem, but you're sending yours for repair. Did you contact support and they informed you to send it in?

4fingerchaos

Post by 4fingerchaos » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

I have a recurring issue with the latest firmware v2.0. The problem i have is that the preset does not load properly when i use the MIDI program change, so i try to get around it by capturing the minitaur knob setting's midi CC's in ableton live 9.0.1. This procedure works for a little while but when I start automating i.e midi CC # 19 filter, the audio get corrupted which leads to drop outs of the sound. This is becoming cumbersome, and unreliable during studio time and live performances. I hope the next firmware update has a solution for this specific issue. Other than a shady midi program change and automation issue, the unit is working fine but it's very limiting. Any suggestions? I'm using a MBP os x 10.8.2. Thanks!!

secmast

Post by secmast » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Definitely the saved patch numbering/place problem editor vs hardware does not show the same. Seems to be an editor problem to me as it is only the name that are not retrieved correctly.

I'de like also to get the patch saved on a personal directory and NOT on the program package itself. Should be standard as these are personal files, like a text document, a picture or a MP3.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Ditto on the patch editor / hardware slot "alignment" issues...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

JEDmusic

Post by JEDmusic » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 pm

The biggest problem I have with the unit is stability. It randomly locks up in random ways. Sometimes theres audio but no panel control, sometimes no audio and even stuck notes. Power off/on fixes it but I have to restart my DAW software every time to get the USB port back, which is really annoying. I limit its use to recording tracks only because of this and compose with other bass synths. I understand you guys cut back with it to make it more affordable but I'm borderline happy with it. It has the exact Moog sound I wanted which is great but using it is not a good experience if you cant trust it and rely on it.

Also, the editor preset system is bloody horrible, IMO. Confusing as to whats where in synth memory/editor/hard drive when trying to save or organize. Lost a few sounds just trying to save them. I dont bother anymore. Better preset catagory system would be nice. I manually created new folders myself to get them into the editor.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Please implement a way to permanently turn OFF program change and program control.

(Why would I want to control analog parameters with MIDI digital encoders when I've got the pots right there?)

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

If anybody would like to try a version 2.0.1 update, I have one here...

http://www.moogconnect.net/minitaur/Min ... v2_0_1.syx

Follow the same instructions from the v2.0.0 update but use this new sysex file.

What's new:

- control voltages update faster, for lower noise
- adjusting either of the LFO AMT knobs overrides the internal "mod wheel" value, so LFO should not get stuck off anymore

that's all so far. I am compiling a list of all known bugs and requested new features, for the larger update process to come...

JEDmusic

Post by JEDmusic » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:31 am

Is it possible that the locking up issue has anything to do with the USB midi port? Does anyone have this problem while using the standard slower midi port?

BTW, I'd like to at least thank team Moog for making the effort to do these updates at all. Many companies wouldnt.

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 am

Hello Amos, and thanks for taking into account all those user feedbacks!
I am a new owner, and so far my only request would be: enable the usage of a USB keyboard. So far (I am using an OSX 10.6 MacBook Pro), I cannot use my Korg MicroKey 37 USB controller to play the Minitaur, and using a MIDI DIN keyboard instead would defeat the purpose of my very compact set-up.
I have seen a post proposing the usage of MIDI-OX and LoopBe additional tools, but so far they do not exist for Mac, and I find that a bit of a complex solution.

(By the way: if you have any suggestions I will be glad to test! :D )

Cheers!
V

an3

Post by an3 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 am

editor:
- a user sounds bank map

hardware:
- knob shortcut for saving edited preset (maybye only possible with editor open and present: click combination sending panel setting to user sounds0 map)

- faking another octave up .. :oops:

idea:
- lfo mod to osc mix: a mod destination for lfo-ing between vco 1 and. i realize u set the volume for osc nd 2 withseperate pots, but maybye a 110/0:50/50:0/100 mix is possible

bugs:
- usb is very buggy: when running the usb port it freezing easily (mac 10.8.3 & 10.6.8)
- panel setting saving in editor and then double clicking for loading gives no sound until i pcik one of the stock sounds from the preset panels.

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

BUGS:
Recently, mine Minitaur has totally frozen in the middle of live set on stage.

Setup:
PC Notebook with Ableton Live 9.0.1 (midi clock master) -> MOTU Ultralite Hybrid mk3 (Unit A) MIDI OUT -> MOTU Ultralite Hybrid mk3 (Unit B) MIDI IN - > MacBook pro with Ableton Live 9.0.1 (midi clock slave) -> USB - > Minitaur rev 2.

I think it was somehow related to USB interface and/or Midi clock and tempo changes which we made in "master" Ableton Live.

Also MT hangs sometimes in my home studio in different situations, I think it is related to a number of incoming midi messages and/or maybe USB issues, as noted by previous users.
Don't know how to fix it.

Will try 2.0.1 shortly.

FEATURE REQ:
- Editor is quite goor for quick edits and "under the panel" settings, but almost unusable for managing presets
- And yes, one more available octave UP would be good
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

pdubq

Saving presets without editor

Post by pdubq » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 am

Briman wrote: - Once a Preset is called up... either by the Front Panel method...
or by MIDI Patch Change... make the Preset tweakable... with the Front Panel
Controls... then be able to Save it back into that Patch... with a specific
front panel buttons push procedure.
+1
I controll all important under-the-hood settings via CC from a hardware sequencer. Program change via midi is working too.
> Would be so great to save the current settings to the current preset without the editor.

Saving a minitaur preset is atm the only reason why I have to turn on my laptop while creating tracks...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 pm

A custom destination for CV mapping would be really useful if you are using the Minitaur as a CV to MIDI converter.

Currently, Local Off does not affect the CV inputs. So when you use the synth as a MIDI controller, CVs still change an internal parameter...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra