Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Poptones

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Poptones » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:27 pm

till wrote:
gabrielakira wrote:...
What is the latest firmware available?
2.1.0 released in March this year
Where can the latest firmware be downloaded? - It's not on the Minitaur product page yet.
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Damn…. I got all excited about being able to save presets and dropped off for awhile. It is frankly sad that there is still not a fully functional editor two years after the "editor" hit the shelves and as far as I can see, no response from Amos in over a month.
With that said, how exactly do I get a hold of V2.1 as it seems it's a secret being passed around (not on Moog.com and not in this thread as far as I can tell)?
I'm severely hoping that V2.1 will stop the plague of "the dead Minitaur." Pretty much once a session, I have to unplug my MT as it just stops making any sound. The midi indicator lets me know it's receiving midi, yet the MT turns into a MUTE.

I have to say, I really expected after two months of "very very close to a official release" that this would have been done already. Obviously Moog Fest is going on and the Sub 37 needs a lot of attention, but seriously, two years????? At what point did the MT become the forgotten step child? This is an amazing synth if only it didn't have so many glaring flaws with editing. I can't understand what the problem is. I have owned so many synths that have editors in my life and I have never experienced any thing like this. I even found editors for very old synths that dudes put together in there spare time (i.e. JV1080 editor by akayastudio or something like that) that work great, and that's for a 64 voice, 16 multitimbral synth from way back in the day. The MT is about as basic a synth as you can get today.

Amos, will this be done in the next couple of weeks? If not, let us know so we can move on to better things.

Also, am I alone in having to unplug this thing all the time to get it to make sound again??

absentmusic1

Post by absentmusic1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Have this hanging note thing every time i use the mini
With logic and ableton.
Slim phatty has this problem too but not so often.
Dont know if this will help but i never experienced
any problem if the moogs are sequenced with n.i. Maschine.
Would love to use a stable mini too with logic and ableton.

gab66

Post by gab66 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:20 pm

They don't care, Amos don't even support the rev3 editor anymore, he doesn't respond to my mails.

It could never happen if Dr Bob Moog was still here.
Actually Moog team do not leave up to Bob Moog legacy.

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Honestly, I think it's more money/time than talent. I could be wrong, but I think the Minitaur has been low-priority shortly after it's release, and since then it has only gotten worse. That's the only way I can explain the whole REV2 debacle. Grand/Awesome ideas, not enough profit/sales and therefore not enough time/work done. I agree though, if Bob Moog was still in charge, I do believe he would have carried this little baby all the way to the pedestal it deserves regardless of low sales or whatever.

I don't doubt there abilities though. My Slim Phatty really, really kicks ass!! So did the (sadly) short lived Moog guitar. Hell, even Animoog kicks serious ass. I don't have any experience with the Sub Phatty, or with the new small guitar pedals, but everything else these guys have done has been stellar (actually, Filtatron didn't do anything for me).

gab66, did you actually hear that Amos is not supporting REV3?? Hopefully that's just an assumption. If that happens, the Minitaur would go down in history as one of the most under appreciated synths of all time.

Give it the love it needs!! The finish line is so close!!

Solum

Post by Solum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 am

Maybe it`s taking longer as they thought it would. I got a V3 Beta some weeks ago. I would say it is more then promissing but I also encountered an issue that seems to be linked with an update of Live or Maschine. Really hope V3 will have it`s final release soon as the Beta is already beautiful and worked flawless until I updated the mentioned programs. But for sure V3 will push the Mini back in the heart of it`s users.

gab66

Post by gab66 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 am

Hi Freebot, Amos did not tell me that he does not support Rev3 but he simply does not answer. It's almost worst.
There is really a problem of communication.

Rev3 is more stable, but i experience issues too...

Shame on you Moog, you're just very bad heir of Bob Moog.
It's the worst experience that i never heard about a synth.

Phil86OSU

Post by Phil86OSU » Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 am

I purchased the Minitaur October 2012 with high hopes it would work as advertised with a fully functioning editor. What I have 1.5 years after my purchase is a piece of analog gear which can barely receive basic "under the hood" MIDI signals...forget about this as a piece of performance gear...I feel lucky if I can use this thing for 2 hours without audio cutting out. The whole Rev 2 has been a complete mess, and these "features" need to be fixed.

-One bummed-out Moog customer

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 am

Okay, now stop slammin' and start thankin'.

tokintone

Post by tokintone » Sat May 10, 2014 5:16 am

I must say a big thanks and respect to the moog team for sorting out the new v3 editor, it is almost perfect for my needs. The only thing I cannot do is surf upwards with the presets, only downwards within the editor.
Any ideas ?