Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ChrisO

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by ChrisO » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm a little confused, is there a new beta Editor in addition to the new firmware?
Mac OS 10.12.1
NI Maschine
Moog Minitaur

Solum

Post by Solum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:11 am

I hope the waiting for a working editor want take much longer. I have a Minitaur since it was released and am waiting since then for an Editor that can be used. This is quite a long time. It remembers me a little bit to "Bitwig" where people are also waiting and waiting for the release. Bitwig is doing it a little bit smarter then Moog as they do not release anything but just give us some vids about how good it will be. Moog though put the Minitaur in the shelfs of stores with the information that it can be controlled with an editor and that patches can be stored but that is still more likely fantasy.
I really hope this is coming soon as I am considering to sell this machine after having it for more then two years and since then is not much useable in a studio.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 am

NOT MUCH USEABLE? and you guys are calling ME names?
FYI ~ unless noted otherwise e.g. for a recent track with a tag "SubPhatty Bass" posted for somebody asking about it another thread in the Voyager forum almost every track on my SoundCloud (in other words Several DAYS worth!) features Minitaur playing bass ~ though if you go back there's some occasional Taurus 3 and/or a Guild 'Jack Casady' electric bass
Solum wrote:after having it for more then two years and since then is not much useable in a studio.
Last edited by misterpete on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

i think, the waiting time will be ok ...when you see the new final version. im on the alpha test....and wow. never seen a better editor vst / au :) it worth to wait...promes me :) amos make a gread job ..
I tweak the knop till it´s broken

Solum

Post by Solum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm

That was a good one misterpete. Saving a patch and getting the sound back you once had is higher magic. Even David Copperfield would flop on this trick using the REV2...

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Misterpete, are you flipping serious???? A fully functioning editor??? Have you not read the 20+ pages of non working fuctions...the whole point of this entire thread???

I am also waiting for a functioning editor. The ability to actually save a preset with the Hardware (very recent development) is making this Synth barely worth keeping. I have a Bass Station 2 these days and, although I still long for the Moog sound of the MT, the Bass Station kicks some serious ass on all fronts.

We are all glad that Amos has not let the Minitaur fade away completely in disgrace by busting ass with over 28 updates to revision 2. But the fact remains that this synth is going on a couple of years without a workable way to use all of its features (and I'm talking necessary features, not "nice to have" ones) and has been the bane of any serious Studio/Preforming Musician when trying to rely on it. REV 3 is literally the last hope for the MT for myself and many others.

Here is to hoping for a fully functioning editor........and that Misterpete doesn't breed :)
Last edited by Freebot on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

@ChrisO - Yes. VST/VSTi/Standalone editor + firmware updates with some new keystrokes and features including access to under the hood commands typically available only in the editor.

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:04 pm

CleverConQueso wrote:@ChrisO - Yes. VST/VSTi/Standalone editor + firmware updates with some new keystrokes and features including access to under the hood commands typically available only in the editor.
and obviously... osX 10.9 /A.U compatible ? :D

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 pm

REV 2 certainly isn't broken for me. Except where noted e.g. the Latency in a recent firmware update I'm not experiencing any of your troubles. AT ALL! If I save a sound it stays saved and sounds the same when I play it again... so yeah, it's MAGIC! :lol:
However, just because it works for me doesn't necessarily mean it works for you. Different computers, systems, studios, musicians whatever!
Good luck!
Please Call Me, PETE

John/Cue\Publik

Post by John/Cue\Publik » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I just got my Minitaur on Friday... looking like I'm running 2.0.1 firmware and whatever editor moog sent to my spam folder. While it's less than perfect after a day of fiddling and research on these forums as well as some others I've pretty much got it figured out to work how I need it to. I put my favorite presets on the on board banks and use bank select on midi clips in ableton to call them then use a max for live device for easier further automation. If we really are getting a VST based editor in the near future then I'm super stoked. As it stands the sound this little dekstop unit has is well worth taking the time to work around the less than stellar software. I actually purchased unaware of REV2 or the ability to keep sound banks just because I figured if worse came to worse I could use MIDI automation to hold my sounds within ableton.

gabrielakira

Post by gabrielakira » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Dear All,

I have updated to: Minitaur_firmware_v2_0_28.syx

Everything was fine until I performed a note calibration: _Minitaur_Note_Cal_n10-n72_Cmd.syx

Now for some reason my Minitaur only plays one low note, no matter which note I play the pitch doesn't change.

Can somebody possibly advise me on this?

Many thanks,

Gabriel

gabrielakira

Post by gabrielakira » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:03 am

Hello all,

My Minitaur seems to be severely out of tune.

I have performed a note calibration to no avail.

Any ideas?

onetruesaxon

Post by onetruesaxon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:00 pm

hi there, can i update straight over no23 patch? Its been a long time since i've been on here, looks like a missed a few.

the answer is yes
Last edited by onetruesaxon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm

until somebody official from Moog can advise you otherwise I would recommend simply reading the step by step commands to
send your MINITAUR~ "ERASE" and "UPDATE" FirmWare sysesx files ~and then try running the note calibration again
gabrielakira wrote:Hello all,

My Minitaur seems to be severely out of tune.

I have performed a note calibration to no avail.

Any ideas?
Please Call Me, PETE

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Gabriel,
I had a similar issue. Couldn't tell if it was MIDI or osc or the amps but the sounds were unpredictable or not at all. All I can tell you is I wiped and reloaded a bunch of times and eventually it stuck. Keep doing it, take your time and after it works, I wouldn't touch it until the production release is out.
-CCQ