Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
bc3

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by bc3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:15 am

Not sure if this has been answered already, but when you power off the Minitaur then power it back on, does it default to the "panel mode" preset or the last preset you were on before powering down? Thanks!

Synth.builder

Post by Synth.builder » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:19 pm

I've got a problem with the latest firmware; V2.0.20. There seems to be a permanent but small glide on every new note. It's not so noticeable when the new note played is only a few tones away, but any more than an octave, it's pretty obvious.

Tony

Synth.builder

Post by Synth.builder » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 am

On the unusual glide behaviour; the unwanted glide to any new note only happens when the Minitaur is set to either LCT or LCR. In expo mode the pitch change is near instantaneous as it should be when glide is turned off.

Tony

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Synth.builder wrote:I've got a problem with the latest firmware; V2.0.20. There seems to be a permanent but small glide on every new note.
Fixed this today... thanks for the report! here is an updated version:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 2_0_21.syx

If anyone else has any complaints about v2.0.20 / v2.0.21, please let me know ASAP... otherwise I think it's ready to go into production...

cheers,

Amos

robml

Post by robml » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 am

awesome! thanks amos. will get the latest version running ;)

cheers

neeco

Post by neeco » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:00 am

bc3 wrote:Not sure if this has been answered already, but when you power off the Minitaur then power it back on, does it default to the "panel mode" preset or the last preset you were on before powering down? Thanks!
panel mode preset

ALB

Post by ALB » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:02 am

Amos wrote:
If anyone else has any complaints about v2.0.20 / v2.0.21, please let me know ASAP... otherwise I think it's ready to go into production...

cheers,

Amos

My live setup is now nearly ready, and we've done many rehersals without malfunctions, or a very few.
A lot of changes have been done since i started working on the minitaur a few months ago, now i'm pretty safe in travelling with it. thanks Amos for being so reactive and I can't wait for the editor !
my only fear, since save a sound correcty with the good name at the right place is a mess, is if i will easily be able to organise and rename my sounds already made (but dispatched totaly in the bank) without losing them.
have a good day !
Clément

adamskey

Post by adamskey » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:09 pm

how do i update the firmware after downloading the newest syx?

adamskey

Post by adamskey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 am

ok. found it by myself.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... README.txt

for anybody whos also a noob to sysex/midi like me, i used this tool to send the firmwareupdate to my minitaur:

http://www.midiox.com/

make sure you choose your minitaour midi IN/OUT in the "select midi devices to open" option. (its the 3rd button from the left in the above main window)

cousinofdeath

Post by cousinofdeath » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm on 2.22

Whenever I power up minitaur, OSC 2, regardless of the location of the pot is tuned about 5 semitones above OSC 1

I have to manually sweep the knob to +1 Octave for the synth to "catch" the knob and get back in sync, every time i boot.

Pretty much killed me on the opening song of a live set the other day! I was like WTF? I guess I should have soundchecked. :mrgreen:

I did a "knob calibration" and it did not fix the problem.

Also perhaps this has been answered elsewhere - but what "under the hood" settings are saved with presets? Any? Like is Knob Mode saved with preset? For some reason the default seems to be "Snap" which sucks, it's pretty useless in a live situation imho as it sounds just HORRIBLE!
Minitaur (sequenced via MIDI with an MPC1000 and USB w/ mac running OSX 10.10)
MF-101 Lo-Pass Filter
MF-103 Phaser

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm

cousinofdeath wrote:I'm on 2.22

Whenever I power up minitaur, OSC 2, regardless of the location of the pot is tuned about 5 semitones above OSC 1

I have to manually sweep the knob to +1 Octave for the synth to "catch" the knob and get back in sync, every time i boot.
That's unique. Try setting up the sound you want (unison on Osc2, I assume) and saving the preset in-place. Hold Glide button, then also hold Release button until Release starts flashing on/off... then repeat (hold Glide + press Release) to finish saving. Then, see if the problem on start-up is resolved. If not, let me know.
cousinofdeath wrote:Also perhaps this has been answered elsewhere - but what "under the hood" settings are saved with presets? Any? Like is Knob Mode saved with preset? For some reason the default seems to be "Snap" which sucks, it's pretty useless in a live situation imho as it sounds just HORRIBLE!
Knob mode is a global setting, it is saved but not per-preset. The default knob mode is Relative, not Snap. Perhaps try sending the "reset globals" sysex if you haven't.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... re_Cmd.syx

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I've updated to 2.0.21 recenly. It seems stable.

Is there a possibility to add the ability to control External Input level from the front panel?
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

ChrisO

Post by ChrisO » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:54 pm

I've updated to the latest firmwre available after login on moogmusic. however, 1/4 times I have Minitaur connected to my PC the knobs go nuts, 80% of travel is unresponsive and the values jump to the extremes. Has anyone experienced or fixed this issue.

Can we expect more updates in the future, less bugs, more under the hood features would be very nice. Loop able envelopes, different lfo shapes should be possible since the envelopes and lfo are digital. If possible to open another octave or even a half octave would be extremely cool.
Mac OS 10.12.1
NI Maschine
Moog Minitaur

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Simple Question. Does this thing save presets properly yet????? It's going on two years that this thing has been out and the last time I "updated" to another . something.something, it still couldn't do the most basic thing any synth should be able to do…..properly save an Idea. Before I unbox this thing from it's long term "completely unusable!!" hibernation, I just want to know if it an save a preset. If not, it stays in the box and will be moving on to make room for a Novation Bass Station 2, which by the way, rocked at Bonobo's show last night at the Orange Peel…..and it flipping saves presets all day long!

robml

Post by robml » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Freebot wrote:Simple Question. Does this thing save presets properly yet?????
the new firmware has the option to save presets from the hardware.

the new version of the editor (to be released shortly) will have you saving presets like a boss.

cheers