Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
spin

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by spin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:09 am

hi guys. Could someone explain me how saving/storing/scroll presets works actually on the minitaur? I am a little bit confused

thanks in advance

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 am

Unread postby spin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm
hi guys. Could someone explain me how saving/storing/scroll presets works actually on the minitaur? I am a little bit confused
:lol: (start at page 01, we'll talk about the editor in a few days... :D )

(sorry for the joke, but actually it's just doesn't work at all. you can save, but the sound will maybe slightly change so you'll have to save it manually again on the machine using shortcut after the "save to computer -> store somewhere in the machine" hard manipulation. then, the name will change with strange letters, and your preset may be one step higher or lower on the preset list. without the name you gave. easy way, no ?
so: do not record presets one after one, let space between them, like 2 empty programs... and recall them via Program Change, finding them with your ears, not with the list... that's my advice)

cheers

(by the way, i didn't know how to make a "quote" on a forum... sorry)

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 am

And for our concern Amos, i've just apdated to 2.0.15 and it's working fine, actually. COOOOOOL

i'm working on it all day today, so i'll tell you if there is troubles, and maybe i'll have the "oportunity" to test the ALL NOTE OFF shortcut :wink:

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:08 am

it was a short breath ! :mrgreen:

first bug of the day: pitch is not working correctly. trying to set it to +12/-12 (as it should be as default at my opinion...) and it sets itself lower than it should. like: +12 on the iditor is +7 on the machine, etc...
but, the most problematic thing (that may help for your diagnostic) is that the two osc are not following the same pitch... for ex. when i turn the wheel up, (set to +24 to have +12) osc. 1 is at +12, and osc2 is at... +10... nearly.
it happened before, but when i was swhiching on/off the machine, reboot the editor,tweak the pitch pots on the editor it came back... not this time.

a sysex command to reset pitch mode and set everyone to +12 for example ?

cheers

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 am

Hi everyone... v2.0.15 was a nice effort but it did indeed have a new problem with the oscillator and glide buttons, where my fix for the Release button was incomplete... I fixed it this morning.

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 2_0_16.syx

ALB: I can pitch-bend +/-1 octave, +/- 2 octaves, and oscillators are tracking OK.
I recommend you install the new firmware from this post, and then run a Note Calibration, then try your pitch bend again.

(note calibration sysex: http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 72_Cmd.syx)

Another thing I discovered today is that the old editor does not always send consistent MIDI CCs from its pitch bend amount selection controls. The new editor can't get here soon enough... :roll: I am getting lots of updates from the editor developers though; progress is good. :)

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:30 am

ok i try this right now.
note calibration procedure is a self-calibration ? i run it and that's it ? does it will reset the "smooth gate" calibration that i made before ? (maybe it's been reset by itself with multiple OS change)

i can't wait for the editor uptade too... i don't speak about it too much, there's nothing to say... but it's hardly waited !!

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 am

done -> everything works fine, pitch, etc.

THANKS A LOT Amos, I don't know for the other users but i feel really supported now...

experiended just a "release/note on" bug in rehersal situation, made the trick, missed a guitar chord and a sentence but it worked in 2 seconds. no need to reboot, so i know i have this solution

talk next week ! :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:51 am

Cool, I am glad it's working!

the "smooth gate" calibration as you call it, is not affected by anything else you will do... it will persist despite firmware update, note calibatration, resetting of globals, etc. And yes the note calibration is a self-calibration, just run it and that's it. It plays all notes from lowest to highest, and tunes them... should take about five minutes to complete, and then it ends automatically.

About the missed note-off that you are still having... I'll look for anything I can do to make this better. I can't be certain that it's a Minitaur problem, but if it is, I will try to find it.

Cheers,

Amos

spin

Post by spin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

In the actual firmware 2.0.16, what is the macro to save a preset in the current panel slot? And how is it possible to scroll presets slot (up and down) from the minitaur panel?

thanks in advance

bgirl

Post by bgirl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi,

Will those new functions be documented in an addendum ?

Thanks !

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 pm

hi all,

bgirl: yes once we're confident we have a "release-worthy" update then we will package it all up as an official update with full documentation.

For now, it's all in this thread if you are very patient and care to dig for it. :)
I will re-post the recently added panel functions here:

ALL NOTES OFF: press+hold GLIDE button, turn Amp EG SUSTAIN knob to zero.
GATE ALWAYS ON: press+hold GLIDE button, turn Amp EG SUSTAIN knob to zero then to maximum.

INCREMENT (NEXT) PRESET: press+hold GLIDE button, press Osc. 1 Waveform button.
DECREMENT (PREVIOUS) PRESET: press+hold GLIDE button, press Osc. 2 Waveform button.
Select Preset 0 / panel sound: press+hold GLIDE button, press both Osc. Waveform buttons (at once)

To save the current sound to the currently-active preset location: Press+hold GLIDEbutton, press+hold RELEASE button for >1 second. You will see the MIDI LED blink after 1 second to confirm that a save happened.

To output the currently-active sound settings (all parameter values) as MIDI CCs: press+hold Glide button, double-tap the RELEASE button.

To be clear, for these functions one continues to hold down the GLIDE button while doing whatever else is specified above.

Also, you can now save a preset to location 0, but it will only really save the "under the hood" type parameters; preset 0 loads the real panel knob positions every time it's selected.

cheers,

Amos

ALB

Post by ALB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Also, you can now save a preset to location 0, but it will only really save the "under the hood" type parameters; preset 0 loads the real panel knob positions every time it's selected.
does it mean that i can save - for example - the under the hood settings on the location 0, so each time that i'll start a new preset, that will keep the under the hood presets as basics ? COOL

spin

Post by spin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:48 am

Hi Amos, thanks for the informations.

I've tried to send the cc panel settings with 'hold glide + double tap release' but it doesn't work for me, it seems that minitaur doesn't send anything. :?:

Motion

Post by Motion » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 am

ALB wrote:
does it mean that i can save - for example - the under the hood settings on the location 0, so each time that i'll start a new preset, that will keep the under the hood presets as basics ? COOL
I'm assuming this is what it does...very nice feature! I know I have midi sync/note sync for sure and whatever else set up as a fast base patch to hit instantly with this option no matter where I am with the Minitaurs internal presets..Thanks!

phrygian

Post by phrygian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:06 am

I've just updated to 2.0.16, it seems my Release button's light indicator has reversed. :(
Rolled back to 2.0.14 and it's fine now.