Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Nick B

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Nick B » Fri May 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Sure it has been mentioned...
I wish it would save the under the hood settings when unit is powered down. I don't wanna have the thing plugged into my computer all the time and hate that it doesn't save the changes I made .
Thanks

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

Nick B wrote:Sure it has been mentioned...
I wish it would save the under the hood settings when unit is powered down. I don't wanna have the thing plugged into my computer all the time and hate that it doesn't save the changes I made .
Thanks
Yes, I can add this! Thanks for the request.

elry

Post by elry » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 am

just fix the freezing.
looked like a fool again in a live situation.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:28 pm

elry wrote:just fix the freezing.
terribly sorry about that!

are you using the most recent update already, v2.0.4?

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... pr2013.syx

(to install, follow the same steps outlined in the REV2 update, sending this sysex file instead of the v2.0.0 one)

If you're already using v2.0.4 and "freezing" is happening, describe as precisely as you can everything about your setup and what you are doing when this happens so I can try to reproduce it. Thanks!

alchemic

Post by alchemic » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Freebot wrote:I just wanted to report that I installed the new firmware (or revision of ole' firmware) and everything seemed good to go at first. But now I notice that the editor is bugging out worse than it ever has for me. I am now noticing issues that I have read of before where I say turn the cutoff knob on the MT and the editor starts jerking both the cutoff and the resonance in all sorts of directions including randomly mirroring my movement but backwards. Very weird. I have had several issues including MT freezing, editor not properly saving and the LFO issues too, but never this.

Any Ideas?
Same thing here. I installed the 2.0.4 update and had strange behaviour of the knobs as described above. i'm back on 2.0. is there another update coming soon?
an update for the editor including release time settings would be much apreciated as well. anything planned?

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Being able to use the MT and the editor on any MIDI channel would be wicked, please. It seems the only way to get perfect bi-lateral communication is on Channel 1.

zeneixi

Post by zeneixi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

I just wrote to techsupport about this problem with my minitaur. When a turn minitaur on, it start to sound without hit any note, and when I hit any note, it freezes on a note and keep playing it non stop. I tried resetting minitaur with the editor, sending sysex commands, and nothing have worked. I think it's important to solve this issues with minitaur.

an3

Post by an3 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 am

probably already put here several times. maybye even by me.. but

saving presets with key shortcut without having to run the editor. give us a CC or sysex string to do it..

it kind of ruins ur flow when ur tweakin and playing.. ooh saving, turn on computer start editor connect save

bye bye flow :wink:

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:51 am

an3 wrote:probably already put here several times. maybye even by me.. but

saving presets with key shortcut without having to run the editor. give us a CC or sysex string to do it..

it kind of ruins ur flow when ur tweakin and playing.. ooh saving, turn on computer start editor connect save

bye bye flow :wink:
1++++

would be a great feature.
I tweak the knop till it´s broken

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I have owned this Minitaur for almost 10 months and I still have to unplug it, on a good day, at least once every couple of ours because it just stops making sound. It still indicates it is receiving midi (blinking light) but doesn't make a sound.
Seriously, can you please fix this???
It's the main reason this thing sits in the studio and doesn't come out for live performance.
Not to mention all the other reasons which include the following:
Saved presets are not 100% accurate. I create a awesome sound, save it, come back to it the next day and it doesn't sound the same. There always seems to be at least one parameter that didn't save correctly. Also, the MT needing to be on channel 1 to use with the editor is, IMHO, a really serious issue. Many DAW's are hard coded to channel 1 as well as other instruments/software/hardware etc.... I am no programmer, but since the the MT editor offers the choice of MIDI channel already, couldn't this be addressed fairly quickly??

Amos, it is obvious you are the one of the few, if not the only guy, who works on software at Moog. But why is the MT being ignored? I have seen other gear getting updates, including the Animoog (really!?) before the MT. I paid $.99 for Animoog and I paid $599 for my MT. What's up with that?
I was considering getting a Sub Phatty very soon, but that is indefinitely on hold until I see proper support for the gear I already own. I waited to purchase a Slim Phatty many years after the Little Phatty came out, and I have had zero problems with my Slim.
Is the moral of the story to wait years before buying Moog so that it works?
Sorry if this seems "pissy" but that's exactly how I feel. I am Pissy because my gear doesn't work! Please, Please, Please!!!!! fix the issues with the MT! It is hands down the beefiest Monster I have ever owned and while also being the most hated, unpredictable, creativity-crushing piece of gear I have ever owned.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:57 am

@ Freebot -

I don't believe Moog is "ignoring" the Minitaur; they just haven't got to it yet, and as you know, they are a very small shop!!
Looks like the Minitaur is next on the list for some TLC...

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 32#p118532

Also, just curious -
Are you using a Mac, or PC?

While I'll admit there are some (generally predictable) issues with the current Minitaur firmware and editor on my Windows 7 PC, the issues can usually be handled with a little planning & workaround, but not show stoppers.

Not saying it necessarily applies in THIS situation, but it seems there is a trend that a disproportionately large number of reported USB connectivity issues come from folks using a Mac with their Moog gear, versus those using Windows PC's. I have noticed similar trends on some other music and DAW-related web sites, as well.

I'm not trying to start a "MAc vs. PC" war by any means, but it does seem that Macs tend to be more problematic when it comes to USB connectivity.

Just an observation, FWIW...

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

evaluna

Post by evaluna » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:23 am

Hi,
Just to add that the Minitaur does still "freeze" even after the last firmware update (2.0.4 30 April) - the interface becomes completely unresponsive. I have found it is better to just use the MIDI ports, and leave the USB unplugged, even though it does still occasionally freeze. I am also unable to use the editor application at all, as it crashes on startup, on both my Windows 8 & Windows 7 PCs. This means that I am not able to save edited patches at all. Very unfortunate, as it is otherwise a fine synth.

zeneixi

Post by zeneixi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Amos wrote:
elry wrote:just fix the freezing.
terribly sorry about that!

are you using the most recent update already, v2.0.4?

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... pr2013.syx

(to install, follow the same steps outlined in the REV2 update, sending this sysex file instead of the v2.0.0 one)

If you're already using v2.0.4 and "freezing" is happening, describe as precisely as you can everything about your setup and what you are doing when this happens so I can try to reproduce it. Thanks!

I've installed v2.0.4 and it works... at first time, then freezing comes again, and not even unplugging it and plugging it works. When this bug is going to be fixed? I really need to work with my minitaur.

docaquatic

Post by docaquatic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey Amos,

Here are my requests, if it's not too late. I use a Roland PK-5 in 'Poly' mode to trigger my Minitaur, I love the simplicity of this aka not having to actually set up the MIDI commands. If these could be accessed by some button pushing on the front panel (mainly the note hold), that would be amazing. If the other settings required syncing it with USB that's great, as long as it will remember. But I suppose saving a patch with the settings could accomplish the same thing?

- KB Gate/Note hold
- hi-res on OSC 2 Freq
- OSC Sync - love this at home, but never have the computer by me live

If I've just been under a rock or am totally missing something dumb, please enlighten me!
- Doc Aquatic -
Asheville, NC
Bandcamp
Soundcloud

Muve

Post by Muve » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am

I'm confused on the firmware updating procedure. The instructions given are:

However v2.0.0 is an .exe application so works in a different way. At what point/how do you send the v2.0.4 sysex file?