What comes with a new Taurus 3? ~ ♥ LOVE ƒor T3 ♥

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
vasago

Re: What comes with a new Taurus 3? ~ ♥ LOVE ƒor T3 ♥

Post by vasago » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:04 pm

I've owned two sets of t3's. Sold my first one when they announced the mintaur Got the mintaur, and was bleeping pissed. Not really the same thing. I found it hard to do the same gnarly bass that is super easy to get out of the t3. I was lucky and found a local musci shop who still had 4-5 t3's new in the box....walked out with one for 1000 cash. Sweetest thing ever. :D
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 pm

LUCKY! Still a deal at $1400, but I wish I had got the original registration & manual & T-Shirt!
What serial number did you get? ~ and where was that?
You must live in a good city for synths! 8)
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at MuffWiggler |@petedako on Twitter

vasago

Post by vasago » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:45 pm

misterpete wrote:LUCKY! Still a deal at $1400, but I wish I had got the original registration & manual & T-Shirt!
What serial number did you get? ~ and where was that?
You must live in a good city for synths! 8)

I dont know what the serial number is but I can find out later if you really want me to.

I live in Arizona... the synth-ness of this area kind of blows, which is why I probably got a good deal. I got it form a music store/pawn store. It's called Music Brokers. I check in there every so often to see if anything nifty shows up, which isnt very often. I wouldnt drive all the way to down town phoenix if they hurried up and put up their site inventory :/

Also, I do not know how necessary the manual really is except for the midi information and calibration stuff. All of which you can download. I guess if having the manual is a thing for you? Either way the importantpart is you have a t3. I still love how meand and gnarly the bass sounds. Sometimes I have to put it on its on track in the DAW b/c it overpowers the mix. Still, love it.
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

update: ♥ Whoo Hoo! Thank You MOOG Music, for sending me the Taurus 3 Manual! ♥
---
vasago wrote:I live in Arizona... the synth-ness of this area kind of blows, which is why I probably got a good deal.

I was in Tucson last year and I totally LOVE it. Would go there again just to eat at Mi Nidito. http://www.minidito.net/ Passed very quickly through Phoenix - didn't see much except for the airport rental car return

vasago wrote: I do not know how necessary the manual really is except for the midi information and calibration stuff. All of which you can download. I guess if having the manual is a thing for you?

YES!!! ~ I am NERDY that way ~ about the Manuals (& Serial #s too) I tend to go to extremes, completely ignoring them and then devoutly pouring over them ~ I have them loaded as .pdfs in my iPAD plus I keep the hard copies handy. Not just the MOOGs but I like to have one for every drum machine, audio interface and/or whatever hardware or software gadgets I use.

My Voyager manual is totally dog-eared ~ I am (still) reading it to pieces. I was surprised that out of all of the Moog manuals the XL has the fewest (none) examples of further connectivity etc that the Moogerfoogers handbooks excel in ~ i actually LOST one of those :( ~ but those CV examples are gold in the Voyager and Phatty and Minitaur dox

vasago wrote: Either way the important part is you have a t3....love it.

♥ YUP! ♥
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at MuffWiggler |@petedako on Twitter