The minutaur as a bass synth, not as powerful as a T3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
David Bulog

The minutaur as a bass synth, not as powerful as a T3

Post by David Bulog » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi EricK
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... ur#p102492
The minutaur is a bass synth, though not as powerful as a T3.
Can you tell us why that is the case

EricK

Re: The minutaur as a bass synth, not as powerful as a T3

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I can't tell you exactly why right off hand, but the people who can (whose statements I was referencing) will probably chime in.

I know that the Oscillators are not the same. Some users have described the T3's filter being brighter. Those who have heard or have used both state that the T3 puts out superior bass, but I have no way of verifying this myself.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I played with the Minitaur in a store, but without the T3 aside I couldn't make a comparison. I really needed to make the comparision on my studio system, which pumps out bass to make the T3 proud.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 pm

If i was going to make a statement about that, i'd be more inclined to say that the Taurus has more performance potential right "out of the box" than a Minitaur... But in a world of MIDI and CV that can soon be remedied..
Everything else is kinda subjective isnt it? They're two different beasts.. Alot of people would probably argue that having a full ADSR envelope is "better" than the Taurus' ADS.. But as i said, im not sure the sound if where i'd go to for a comparison here.. more about interaction etc..

For what its worth i have a T3 but i imagine i'd still find use for a Minitaur doing some nice, tight percussive bleeps and blips.

Richard J

Post by Richard J » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Never had the pleasure to compare these side by side but probably all to do with the filter and overall harmonic distortion.