Taurus-Style Pedals For Minitaur

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
synthaxe

Taurus-Style Pedals For Minitaur

Post by synthaxe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello Fellow Moogers,

I'm wanting to play my Minituar with a set of taurus-style pedals, and was wondering what my options are. Are there any options other than Roland's PK pedals? Also, I play out so I want to be sure they're high quality/reliable.

It would be nice if Moog would put out a pair of based around controlling the Minituar!
Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, MF-105, MF-103, MF-102, MF-101, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, EVH 5150III 50 Watt, EVM12L Speakers, ESP Eclipse-II FR, USA Charvel So-Cal, Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster, Alesis MidiVerb 4, and tons of Electro Harmonix.

EricK

Re: Taurus-Style Pedals For Minitaur

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

guitargod70

Post by guitargod70 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 am

I use a set of custom midi bass pedals by Keith Turner. I takes used organ pedals and makes wonderful midi controllers with more functionality than anything on the market and at a good price too.

The set I have has 8 buttons that I use as program controls. You can program the buttons to do or trigger what ever you want. Ever since the latest upgrade for Minitaur, it now responds to program change commands from my bass pedals. In addition, I have a button that allows me to toggle to a different midi channel and use a different synth. I play in a Rush Tribute band so this is all very necessary.

Here is the link: http://basspedals.netai.net/flash.html

Keith gives excellent support and customer service.

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys! Both of your suggestions are very much appreciated! I'm wanting a set of pedals that can I can play the Minitaur with, and control it's under the hood features with as well, which I believe both of these that you guys recommended can do. This is perfect ,thanks.
Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, MF-105, MF-103, MF-102, MF-101, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, EVH 5150III 50 Watt, EVM12L Speakers, ESP Eclipse-II FR, USA Charvel So-Cal, Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster, Alesis MidiVerb 4, and tons of Electro Harmonix.

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:38 pm

guitargod70 wrote:I use a set of custom midi bass pedals by Keith Turner. I takes used organ pedals and makes wonderful midi controllers with more functionality than anything on the market and at a good price too.

The set I have has 8 buttons that I use as program controls. You can program the buttons to do or trigger what ever you want. Ever since the latest upgrade for Minitaur, it now responds to program change commands from my bass pedals. In addition, I have a button that allows me to toggle to a different midi channel and use a different synth. I play in a Rush Tribute band so this is all very necessary.

Here is the link: http://basspedals.netai.net/flash.html

Keith gives excellent support and customer service.
Hey,

These are really neat (and very "Taurus" looking which I love.) Would I be able to control the Minitaur's under the hood features with a pair of these? I'm looking at the EP-1 Model specifically.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Wow those are nice.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

guitargod70

Post by guitargod70 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 am

Not sure about the under the hood functions but that is mainly because I am new to analog synthesis and the Minitaur is the first analog Synth I have ever owned.

What I do know is that on the EP-Pro you can assign each button to do whatever you want and that includes being able to assign midi CC functions so I would assume that if the under the hood functions have those assignment numbers then you could potentially control those functions.

the other thing you can do is assign the expression and volume wheels to control the cutoff and resonance functions.

No two sets of Keith's pedals are the same. They are all one of a kind.

The best thing is to e-mail him.

Tell him Sean Behrens sent ya.

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm

guitargod70 wrote:Not sure about the under the hood functions but that is mainly because I am new to analog synthesis and the Minitaur is the first analog Synth I have ever owned.

What I do know is that on the EP-Pro you can assign each button to do whatever you want and that includes being able to assign midi CC functions so I would assume that if the under the hood functions have those assignment numbers then you could potentially control those functions.

the other thing you can do is assign the expression and volume wheels to control the cutoff and resonance functions.

No two sets of Keith's pedals are the same. They are all one of a kind.

The best thing is to e-mail him.

Tell him Sean Behrens sent ya.

Yea, I'm fairly new to analog synthesis as well. I hardly pick up my guitars anymore! It sounds like the EP-Pro is going to be the way to go for me. I'll tell him you sent me :D thanks man!

soulfox

Post by soulfox » Fri May 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Do you know if Keith Turner is still actively making those MIDI-controller/bass pedals? His website/facebook hasn't had any activity in the last two years. I'd do terrible things to get one of those.
Sub Phatty*Polivoks*ESQ-1*Ion*Virus TI2*MS-20 Mini*Minitaur*DM10 w/Gen-16*ALL the Moogerfoogers+CP-251+500 Ladder*MFOS-16 Rotary Seq*Buchla 267e*Electro-Harm pedals*Boss RC-300*Akai Ren MPC*Epi Les Paul*Transcale*Banjo

soulfox

Post by soulfox » Fri May 23, 2014 3:28 pm

I see no activity on Keith Turner's website or facebook in the last two years. If he still making those pedals?
Sub Phatty*Polivoks*ESQ-1*Ion*Virus TI2*MS-20 Mini*Minitaur*DM10 w/Gen-16*ALL the Moogerfoogers+CP-251+500 Ladder*MFOS-16 Rotary Seq*Buchla 267e*Electro-Harm pedals*Boss RC-300*Akai Ren MPC*Epi Les Paul*Transcale*Banjo

alanjpearson

Post by alanjpearson » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:12 pm

This looks like a good solution for a decent set of pedals at a good price............

http://www.emismusic.co.uk/doepfermasterkeyboards.html