Serious problems with Minitaur and editor

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
grimley

Serious problems with Minitaur and editor

Post by grimley » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:39 pm

I just upgraded to Rev2 firmware and editor but I was also having some of these issues in the previous release (LFO, editor).

1. Often the LFO does not work. Changing the VCO or VCF amount has no effect. Reboot fixes the problem.
2. Sometimes reboot (like fixing the above) loses all stored presets.
3. Editor does not get all knob positions from minitaur. For example storing my preset does not capture all settings.
4. Loading a preset can sound different each time (all settings not transmitted to minitaur).

Is my minitaur defective?

OSX 10.7.4
Minitaur USB connection to editor

-Justin

Amos

Re: Serious problems with Minitaur and editor

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 am

1. Often the LFO does not work. Changing the VCO or VCF amount has no effect. Reboot fixes the problem.

- Do you have a controller with a Mod Wheel connected? maybe you just sent a mod wheel zero message... next time try turning up mod wheel on your controller instead of rebooting Minitaur, see if that's all it is

2. Sometimes reboot (like fixing the above) loses all stored presets.

- really? like, you reboot, then in the Editor you go to the Presets page and Get Bank from the Minitaur, and there are literally no presets in the Minitaur's memory, where previously you had definitely loaded presets into the Minitaur's internal memory? I've never seen this. Maybe we should walk through the details of exactly what you're doing.

3. Editor does not get all knob positions from minitaur. For example storing my preset does not capture all settings.
4. Loading a preset can sound different each time (all settings not transmitted to minitaur).

Is my minitaur defective?

-- probably not defective but there may be some issues there... I'd make sure that the internal ribbon cable from the panel to the main board is fully seated, for a start... I suggest you email techsupport at moogmusic dot com for additional assistance.

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

Same here. Also when you have a patch where it works. when you use the modwheel the setting is gone.

Also the When usb is active on the Minitaur it makes strange noises !!!!!!
I tweak the knop till it´s broken

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:09 am

i have a normal m key Keyboard from CME and when i try this with the modewheel no change. just swithing of the MT helps.

Also when you jumt in the editor to an empty patch, than it works fine till you use modwheel again.
I think this can not be the reason that a ribbon cabel is of etc... must be a bug somewhere.

Is this easy to fix? if not i just have 14 days money back but i wan´t to hold my minitaur...will be nice if you can fix this soon.

andrzejmikosz

Post by andrzejmikosz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey Amos,

great ideas are put in the REV 2.

But, same here.

In the 1.0.7. I didn't have any problems with the MOD part of the MOOG. Right now with the REV 2 the LFO's sometimes doesn't react and needs an restart. Didn't change anything in my hardware setup (Octatrack sending MIDI to MT). Right now I went back to 1.0.7. and problems disappeared.
But can't use the new functions implemented in REV 2

I don't know also whether it is a problem of transmitting all data or what, but all of my presets done earlier sounds a little bit different or much different after the upgrade.

If you would be able to fix this that would be awesome.

Should I also contact the Moog Tech Support. From my perspective it rather looks like bugs in the software, but maybe i'm wrong.

Kirk Markarian

Post by Kirk Markarian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh boy...Every preset that I send with my Minitaur Editor works if it uses the oscillators. If it uses filter tracking, it defaults at 50% or so. I put it to 100% in the editor, all works fine. I put it to 200%, it all works fine. All is connected via USB. All presets track over as I expect.

So...

The filter tracking is lost. I love the fact that I can "play" the filter. I can't play it at 100% or 200% tracking once I disconnect the USB and power down/power up. Why? It's a HUGE deal to me to play like that. I really don't feel like working in half-steps with the filter.

BUMMER!!!

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm

no awnser from moog ? not nice...

Kirk Markarian

Post by Kirk Markarian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Well, it's been a few days. I'm wondering if they're working on the coding a bit more. I was able to find the presets stored within the editor software on my mac and change them, it doesn't work that way. I really wish I had access to the storage within the Minitaur itself, that way, I could mess with the presets outside of the Minitaur by editing the .syx files, and simply "drag 'n drop" the .syx files into the Minitaur. Wouldn't that be something neat?

The preset .syx files are wonderfully easy to understand and it would be really fun to be super-precise with the .syx coding. It works against manually tweaking the knobs, but it's another way to adjust things.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

citric_acid wrote:no awnser from moog ? not nice...
If problems are serious, e-mail amos or rosser [at] moogmUsic.com. They are awesome at answering any concerns via e-mail. Understandably, Amos is very busy, and is not always on the forum. Best to get in touch with him directly if there are issues. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 am

Hi everyone, I am looking at these issues now. Thanks very much for the feedback, and thanks for your patience -- I will definitely fix these issues. V2 is not the final Minitaur update; it will continue to get new features, and of course I want to fix any bugs that may occur, as well.

All the best,

Amos
Last edited by Amos on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kirk Markarian

Post by Kirk Markarian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 am

Amos wrote:Hi everyone, I am looking at these issues now. Thanks very much for the feedback, and thanks for your patience -- I will definitely fix these issues. V2 is not the final Minitaur update; it will continue to get new features, and of course I want to fix any bugs that may occur, as well.

All the best,

Amos
Thanks! Looking forward to the new updates!

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 am

Amos wrote:Hi everyone, I am looking at these issues now. Thanks very much for the feedback, and thanks for your patience -- I will definitely fix these issues. V2 is not the final Minitaur update; it will continue to get new features, and of course I want to fix any bugs that may occur, as well.

All the best,

Amos
VERY cool -
Looks like you guys are doing a great job addressing issues with Rev 2.
Looking for ward to the next round of updates! 8)

Thanks!

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 am

I am not currently seeing the "LFO stops working" problem, and I think I am following the same steps to reproduce it. If you are having any Minitaur v2 problems, please try sending this "Factory Reset" SysEx command to your Minitaur, using your favorite sysex-sending utility:

http://seamslikereality.com/moog/Minita ... _SysEx.zip

This will not affect any presets saved in your Minitaur; it only resets all the global settings to default. I wonder if some of the trouble is caused by some global settings having wrong values after updating from v1 to v2. Please test and let me know; thanks!

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Amos,

no change after send the syx to the minitaur. try to update it again.
hope you will find the bug.

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm

i also found out after sending the sys ex . now when i use the editor and jump to the 0-Panel Setings the lfo funktion comes not back.
Before sending it i can jump back to the 0 patch and it still woked again, from now on i have to switch the mt off.

when i switched it of and jump again thru the patches the lfo works , till i play the modwheel again.
this is a small affort , so long you do not use the wheel it works !!!

i don´t know if this helps.... and sorry for my bad spelling