A lot of trouble with the Minitaur editor

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Chevy

A lot of trouble with the Minitaur editor

Post by Chevy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 am

Hi there,
i have loads of trouble with the Minitaur editor. I'm using Mountain Lion, the firmware on the Minitaur is version 1.0.7.(i sent the sysex file for verifying the firmware version to the Minitaur) Perhaps there is someone out there (Amos?) who has an idea.
As there three different problems i will shortly describe them:

-Capture function: Rarely (1 out of 20) the Minitaur captures the knobs correctly. Mostly it doesn't capture at all, sometimes it only captures some of the controls.
-the editor crashes regularly
-its no problem to load presets (as long as the editor did not crash), but sometimes the editor doesn't show me all of the presets (for example no presets in the string section for one day; the next day they have been back)

The last thing really doesn't bother me, although i'm not really sure whats going on there. But the crashes and especially the not reliable capture function are really annoying. So what can i do???

To my mind it is obviously some kind of software problem. Or could a damaged hardware cause such trouble? (I don't think so, cause all the hardware functions work quite nice.)

ashtarbrian

Re: A lot of trouble with the Minitaur editor

Post by ashtarbrian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Chevy, I encounter the same problems daily. It's a bit sad. I know the folks at Moog are working on this, but it seems at a glacially slow pace. Have the capture work just sporadically is worse then it not even being offered as a function, as there is absolutely no reliability.