Guitar and bass guitar with minitaur?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
brocetalegend

Guitar and bass guitar with minitaur?

Post by brocetalegend » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:58 am

Is posible to plug guitar or bass guitar into cv pitch input and control oscilators pitch with electric guirar voltage?
I would like to hear some pro opiniions. I know for existing midi seup for guitars, butt I am not interested in midi guitars.
It is better when it is analogue, like roland gr300.

I have menage to do this in virtual analog plugin of "korg ms20" simply conect virtual input of guitar in cv pitch input and gate
in this plugin, and use guitar to control pitch of oscilators. So I am wondering is something like this possible with real thing.

Like to hear other oppinions, or maybe sombody try, or tryed this.
Thanks in advance.

MC

Re: Guitar and bass guitar with minitaur?

Post by MC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Nope. You need a pitch to CV converter or pitch to MIDI converter. I recommend the latter.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

jerryfie

Post by jerryfie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:56 pm

brocetalegend wrote:Is posible to plug guitar or bass guitar into cv pitch input and control oscilators pitch with electric guirar voltage?
I would like to hear some pro opiniions. I know for existing midi seup for guitars, butt I am not interested in midi guitars.
It is better when it is analogue, like roland gr300.

I have menage to do this in virtual analog plugin of "korg ms20" simply conect virtual input of guitar in cv pitch input and gate
in this plugin, and use guitar to control pitch of oscilators. So I am wondering is something like this possible with real thing.

Like to hear other oppinions, or maybe sombody try, or tryed this.
Thanks in advance.

I am using a Roland GR-30 guitar synth's MIDI out to control my Minitaur, works great!

*Last minute* changed my Minitaur for a Slim Phatty, works even better for me a a guitarist because more notes range!
Jerry Fielden, guitarist, AraPacis
http://www.arapacis.com

jerryfie

Post by jerryfie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 am

As I said in another thread, mIssed the Minitaur too much, got it back and have both MInitaur and Slim Phatty now. Wonder if I can use both of them together in a duophonic fashion? I know you can chain Phattys but not sure about these two together, maybe program the Minitaur to play the lowest sound and the Phatty the highest?

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:05 pm

jerryfie wrote:As I said in another thread, mIssed the Minitaur too much, got it back and have both MInitaur and Slim Phatty now. Wonder if I can use both of them together in a duophonic fashion? I know you can chain Phattys but not sure about these two together, maybe program the Minitaur to play the lowest sound and the Phatty the highest?
Currently, the Moog poly-chain capability (which is very cool!) is only supported by the Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, and (I believe) the Voyager. You could of course "layer" the synths and have both play the same MIDI note with different synth voices, which is also pretty cool! 8)

To split the notes based on a note range, you would need to use a keyboard with split zones, or use a MIDI processor in the loop. A bit of extra work, but still "doable"... :)

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

jerryfie

Post by jerryfie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Stuka wrote:
jerryfie wrote:As I said in another thread, mIssed the Minitaur too much, got it back and have both MInitaur and Slim Phatty now. Wonder if I can use both of them together in a duophonic fashion? I know you can chain Phattys but not sure about these two together, maybe program the Minitaur to play the lowest sound and the Phatty the highest?
Currently, the Moog poly-chain capability (which is very cool!) is only supported by the Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, and (I believe) the Voyager. You could of course "layer" the synths and have both play the same MIDI note with different synth voices, which is also pretty cool! 8)

To split the notes based on a note range, you would need to use a keyboard with split zones, or use a MIDI processor in the loop. A bit of extra work, but still "doable"... :)

Randy
Thanks Randy, I'll consider all this. Cheers!

Jerry