Problem with Minitaur's Fine Tuner

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Divo

Problem with Minitaur's Fine Tuner

Post by Divo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi everybody,

Do anyone have problems with the fine tuner of the Minitaur?
I must to put the fine tune knob all the way down (to the left, clock sense) to achieve the 440 (and i almost can't) my question is, Should it be tunned at the middle of the knob? If not, Should i send it to service? Is sad 'cause i bought it just 2 month ago.
Other info:
My home studio is at 20°C (68° F)
And i turn my synths 30 minutes before use them.

Thank you for your help.

SteveD

Re: Problem with Minitaur's Fine Tuner

Post by SteveD » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:57 am

Hey -

Why don't you contact Moog tech support?
Their email address is [email protected]

They can walk you through the moves to get your Minitaur back in tune.

Cheers,
SD

Divo

Post by Divo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Thank you very much Steve for your answer. Since i live in Chile, is a little bit difficult for me to send the minitaur to service.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 am

Divo, you probably don't need to send it anywhere.
You should put the Fine Tuner in the center position and then send your Minitaur this Note Calibration sysex command, via MIDI:

http://seamslikereality.com/moog/_Minit ... 72_Cmd.zip

The Minitaur will step through all notes in its range, calibrating them to concert pitch. When it's done, the unit should be in correct tune with the Fine Tune knob in the center. It's very important that you center the Fine Tune before calibration, in order for this to work correctly.

All the best,

Amos

Divo

Post by Divo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Amos wrote:Divo, you probably don't need to send it anywhere.
You should put the Fine Tuner in the center position and then send your Minitaur this Note Calibration sysex command, via MIDI:

http://seamslikereality.com/moog/_Minit ... 72_Cmd.zip

The Minitaur will step through all notes in its range, calibrating them to concert pitch. When it's done, the unit should be in correct tune with the Fine Tune knob in the center. It's very important that you center the Fine Tune before calibration, in order for this to work correctly.

All the best,

Amos

Dear Amos,

First of all, i'm very sorry for the late answer of your message.

Let me tell you i wasn't aware about your post since i really thought i was unable to solve this problem. Actually i was very desapointed about my minitaur unit.

Just today i saw your post and i ran to try to solve it.
In the process i noticed my firmware probably wasn't the last one, since the last one is dated august 2nd and i purchased my unit middle July. I updated the firmware and then i started the process to send the sysex you sent me. After a whole hour trying to do that, i was finally full of joy when i could, thanks to you, fix the fine tunning problem.

I really don't know how to thank you... Very very much.

Cheers from Chile... The very far side of the world

Divo