Front panel overlays?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
goldphinga

Front panel overlays?

Post by goldphinga » Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 am

@moogmusic- could you make some panel overlays/ patch sheets that could fit over the dials so that settings could be noted down with a pen? Would be really handy. possible?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

EricK

Re: Front panel overlays?

Post by EricK » Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm

What does your modular look like now?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu May 17, 2012 10:13 pm

you could just take this patch sheet I made and scale it to the size of the MT and cut holes in the knobs. Prolly be cheaper than buying an official set if they made one.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 am

Or you can just get the Editor. It has a handy 'grab' feature that pulls the current settings from Minitaur back into the Editor. From there you can save the patch.

Having been without Minitaur for a few months now, I'm not sure how easy or difficult the editor is to come by. I just know that it's still in Beta but is approaching general release for v1.0. If you haven't had any luck getting the Beta, you should contact a few folks here, beginning with Amos, or even by calling Moog Support to get a link or work through the registration processs, if it's been an issue for you.

But lets say that you have that, or can get it but prefer to have a small handful of patch sheet that you can bring with you on the road and not bother with a computer... how about a "print" function to dump the current preset out to a 'to scale' printed copy, or a wallet sized (8-up on a page) cheat sheet to bring with you. That would be awesome...

I don't think too many people knew or thought that Minitaur would have an editor associated with it. The fact that it offers hands on controls for many under the hood settings is awesome and now that it is ALSO a patch librarian, it's the best of both worlds.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks, muksys, for the overlay sheet.