Minitaur blew fuse Urei 813 Monitor bug3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Re: Minitaur blew fuse Urei 813 Monitor bug3

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am

David Bulog wrote:Have you ever heard of a lawsuit ?
Well one kids going to blow a eardrum using the Minituar
and I can see Moog having to recall the product
Its too powerful for the price range and I think it will do damage in the wrong hands
My two cents
David
I think they will do worse damage with their ipods than with the Minitaur.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 am

Amos wrote: As for damage caused by amplifying the main output... the thing does come with a warning... take heed! :)
Both on the box and the earplug packet (HA!) "Warning: SPEAKER DAMAGE, structural damage to buildings and personal injury are all possible using the MINITAUR analog bass synthesizer at high volumes."

It's funny, but, 100% true.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:22 am

Im a little curious about the structural damage claims.

Is this why they had to buy a new factory?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 am

The structural damage could be real. I was playing with my foogers a couple days ago, which resulted in a couple things falling over in the next room. The bass seems to collect in the walls.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:04 pm

David Bulog wrote:Have you ever heard of a lawsuit ?
Well one kids going to blow a eardrum using the Minituar
and I can see Moog having to recall the product
Its too powerful for the price range and I think it will do damage in the wrong hands
My two cents
David
Considering they include both several warnings of potential damage and injury from use AND also include a set of earplugs, anyone who still blows up their speaker or their eardrum is at fault. They had significant warning already.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGq-Nf2TQg About 3:10 into the video. I can guarantee that if I had a 500 Watt amp and 18" speakers, my parent's house would have been destroyed. This house I live in now, not so much. The plaster might crack and walls might crumble, but other than that, this place was built to last. :twisted: Of course, at only 1000 square feet, the windows could break from air pressure, but other than that, yeah.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:14 pm

EricK wrote:Im a little curious about the structural damage claims.
Believe it. I have 2000W of PA downstairs and the T3 can produce some serious radiation of sound pressure. I only had the volume halfway up and I found several things upstairs close to falling off the edge and the plaster ceilings had shed dust more than usual.

I don't dare open the PA wide open with the Taurus pedals :shock:
Is this why they had to buy a new factory?
*chuckle* I spent half a day playing with the T3 in the old factory just before it was released. The production folks claimed they could hear me, we were separated by two rooms, and I wasn't even playing that loud!
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi