Using Taurus as a controller

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
misterpete

Re: Using Taurus as a controller

Post by misterpete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Hmmm, this is very intriguing Stuka that you are recommending both this AND the Alesis iO Dock?
So you use both together, then? It seems like you wouldn't need the Alesis if you had this.
I'm keen to use the animoog, filtatron and other iOS apps more often but even more keen to get all the hardware connected at the same time instead of juggling and choosing ~ so would this let me use all the USBs PLUS other DIN boxes like the M-AUDIO Midiman 4x4 and 2x2s etc. - kind of like a PowerBar HUB for MIDI?
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Stuka

Re: Using Taurus as a controller

Post by Stuka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

iO Dock is great if you need full MIDI and audio integration into your studio. Works great, but any USB MIDI connectivity requires a PC in the mix.

iConnect is definitely more portable, and is pretty much a Swiss Army knife when it comes to MIDI connectivity. Standard MIDI DIN, iOS MIDI, and USB MIDI device support, in just about any combination, with or without a PC in the mix. (Check their web site to see all the connectivity options). But no audio...

I don't use either one a lot right now, but plan to use both more often in the future ~ the Moog expansion is opening up some possibilities!

Sorry for the thread detour!!

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...