Thoughts on the official Minitaur Editor

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Re: Thoughts on the official Minitaur Editor

Post by Amos » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:12 pm

SSquirrel wrote:That's weird. Last night I was able to setup an account and register both my new Minitaur (#123)and the Freqbox (#3550) I bought second hand on Ebay.
Do you remember how exactly you typed in the minitaur serial number?

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 pm

I just tried it and no love. I also registered my ring mod and no problem???? I don't know.

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Amos wrote:
SSquirrel wrote:That's weird. Last night I was able to setup an account and register both my new Minitaur (#123)and the Freqbox (#3550) I bought second hand on Ebay.
00123 like it was written on the box

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey it's working!

I tried 00107 and got it. Weird though, I'm pretty sure I tried that combo when I first went to register with no luck. At any rate, FYI for anyone else who might see this thread, drop the "MT".
www.ctrlshft.com

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm

I got it to work. I think you need to add 00 the number so mine is 00114 it took no problem. That said I did not see a link for the editor. Is that e-mailed to me at a later time?

simonharris

Post by simonharris » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I've registered my Minitaur but don't have a download link to the editor beta, does anyone have a link please? (OSX) - Many Thanks :)

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I am having problems renaming presets I've created! As soon as I hit the backspace button, it shuts down unexpectedly :(

Still pretty good for beta though, I'm just glad I have a way to save presets without a camera or a notebook :D
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

muksys

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 pm

xombiexplox wrote:I am having problems renaming presets I've created! As soon as I hit the backspace button, it shuts down unexpectedly :(

Still pretty good for beta though, I'm just glad I have a way to save presets without a camera or a notebook :D
Welcome to the Minitaur family!

Are you running windows or mac? I haven't had an issue with naming presets on a win7 machine.

...and, I watched the Sonic State review of the MT and saw an extremely more kickass version of the editor for mac's. Guess they are focusing more on that than windows :(

muksys

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 pm

SSquirrel wrote:
Amos wrote:
00123 like it was written on the box
fwiw, that is exactly how I had entered it (as well as "7" and "MT0007") none of these worked for me. Of course, Moog Tech Support was able to get it for me.

muksys

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Sorta off topic, but I am stuck in Fargo ND and am having Minitaur withdrawals! Dunno if I can make it back to illinois by tomorrow!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm

muksys wrote:Sorta off topic, but I am stuck in Fargo ND and am having Minitaur withdrawals! Dunno if I can make it back to illinois by tomorrow!
I thought the point of a Minitaur was that it could be taken with you easily? :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

muksys

Post by muksys » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
muksys wrote:Sorta off topic, but I am stuck in Fargo ND and am having Minitaur withdrawals! Dunno if I can make it back to illinois by tomorrow!
I thought the point of a Minitaur was that it could be taken with you easily? :?
woulda packed it, but I was only supposed to be here for a day. Damned electricians thinking it's ok to run a a bunch of 12AWG wires across a circuit board that are pushing against it hard enough to snap off solder joints. Stuck waiting on replacements. The woes.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 am

muksys wrote:/snip/The woes.
I wouldn't call them woes. Idiots, maybe. :roll: Seriously? 12AWG? What kind of circuit board are we talking about? Some commercial control device?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 am

Voltor07 wrote:
muksys wrote:/snip/The woes.
I wouldn't call them woes. Idiots, maybe. :roll: Seriously? 12AWG? What kind of circuit board are we talking about? Some commercial control device?
Yep. Fancy lighting controls. Fly all over plugging my computer in and telling the panels when to do things with lights.

woops!

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 am

muksys wrote:, I watched the Sonic State review of the MT and saw an extremely more kickass version of the editor for mac's. Guess they are focusing more on that than windows :(
Not at all! Both versions should be equally kickass when finished. It's just that the Mac beta is further along than the Windows version. I actually got a new Windows build last night, which I need to test. I'm told it still crashes on Capture though, which we'll need to fix...

have patience, kickass finished editors are coming for all :)