Minitaur Midi Touch iPad template + Moog register page down.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
muksys

Minitaur Midi Touch iPad template + Moog register page down.

Post by muksys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 pm

So, I read in the manual that when you register the Minitaur, you are given a free download of an editor that will give control of the MIDI only functions as well as a way to save patches. Unfortunately, the register page seems to be down. So I have put together a couple of panels to ease some of the curiosity.

I have attached the Midi Touch panel. Everything seems to work. There is no way to save patches in MIDI Touch, but, whatever.

Also, I created a small CTRLR panel here. I am testing a panel with all of the MIDI only functions for this panel as well, but there are still some bugs to work out. Of course as soon as I get it rollin, I'll have Moog's editor. So it goes :wink:

Anyhoo, I am thoroughly enjoying the MT. I started messing with it using an ARP & Seq app...... :shock: ..... :mrgreen: Yeah!

Attachments
Moog Minitaur MIDItouch iPad Controller.rar
(39.48 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Last edited by muksys on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voltor07

Re: Minitaur Midi Touch iPad template + Moog register page d

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, that thing you made is pretty cool! Is it 100% functional? :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

muksys

Post by muksys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Yeah, that thing you made is pretty cool! Is it 100% functional? :D
Yessir, both work great!

muksys

Post by muksys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

...and here is what the new ctrlr panel version looks like:

Now that the work week is starting, gonna be hard pressed to find time to finish it. :cry:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am

muksys wrote:/snip/Now that the work week is starting, gonna be hard pressed to find time to finish it. :cry:
Aww...I know the feeling. :( i had to put my hardware project on hold because of work.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Dogboy73

Post by Dogboy73 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am

Good stuff :wink: I'm looking forward to getting my Minitaur & making an iPad Lemur template to control it. Should be some interesting possibilities with the physics based control objects, sequencers & stuff. Very cool that the Minitaur has such good comprehensive MIDI support for this kind of thing.

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Dogboy73 wrote:Good stuff :wink: I'm looking forward to getting my Minitaur & making an iPad Lemur template to control it. Should be some interesting possibilities with the physics based control objects, sequencers & stuff. Very cool that the Minitaur has such good comprehensive MIDI support for this kind of thing.
Thanks!

Finding out that there were all of those "easter eggs" hidden in the MIDI commands was a very nice surprise!

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Updated the CTRLR panel. Now there is control for every "MIDI only" commands. Dunno if Moog plan on a VST Editor version, but this will do in the meantime :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

muksys wrote:/snip/ Dunno if Moog plan on a VST Editor version, but this will do in the meantime :)
If they do release a VST, they will also release a Cease and Desist order to you. :wink:

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
muksys wrote:/snip/ Dunno if Moog plan on a VST Editor version, but this will do in the meantime :)
If they do release a VST, they will also release a Cease and Desist order to you. :wink:
Haha, and I'd comply, then have the order framed and hung in my studio. :lol:

noisemaker

Post by noisemaker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:01 am

I registered mine and didn't see an option for an editor download. I think this was coming at a later time?

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 am

So, apparently the register site wasn't down. Guess I had to omit all of the zero's when entering in the S# 00007. :roll:

hogo

Post by hogo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

Wow, great template mu! I think I'll buy midi touch just for this. I already have lemur dogboy, did you ever make your template?? :D