Minituar

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Scott Rolf

Minituar

Post by Scott Rolf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 pm

I (like the rest of the T3 owners) received my moog emailing today and it mentions their new Minituar. I can't tell if this is to be used in conjunction with the T3 or instead of.

Any insight???
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

EricK

Re: Minituar

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 am

Scott Rolf wrote:I (like the rest of the T3 owners) received my moog emailing today and it mentions their new Minituar. I can't tell if this is to be used in conjunction with the T3 or instead of.

Any insight???

Take your pick - either would work.
For those who can't afford the full set of Taurus pedals, already have MIDI bass pedals or simply want to add some Taurus bass sounds to their studio arsenal, the Minitaur is an ideal and comparatively affordable solution.
For those of us who already own the mighty T-3, you could MIDI it to the Minitaur for a brutal sounding 4-osc. pedal synth, and create
Taurus tones nobody has heard before.
The Minitaur is an extremely cool product, but I will not be adding one to my stable of synthesizers. I use my Taurus mainly for live performance (my main instrument is bass guitar), and the T-3 more than meets all of my requirements - i.e. foot control of volume ,filter and glide functions, the ability to save presets and change them on the fly, and quick & simple setup on stage.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:21 am

As for my post above, I've been thinking more about this, and I'm now thinking I will buy a Minitaur.
The T-3 does indeed do everything I want a Taurus to do, but it is also one of the heaviest & most akward-to-handle pieces of gear I've ever owned (my old Ampeg SVT stack takes top honors in that catagory). The thing that changed my mind was my discovery of this pedal controller...

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/12step/overview

A Minitaur/12-Step setup would provide real analog Taurus sounds at a fraction of the cost, size and weight of my T-3.
This would be an ideal solution for one-nighters, rehearsals, and as a 2nd Taurus for use on stage, either near my keyboard setup or by any other band member - the controller is so small and light, it could be moved anywhere onstage throughout the show. And lastly, both units just look too cool.

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Very good. Thank you for addressing this.
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Played with it at NAMM the past few days. WANT!

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Marzzz wrote:Played with it at NAMM the past few days. WANT!
Wow, you went back to the booth more than once?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 am

MC wrote:
Marzzz wrote:Played with it at NAMM the past few days. WANT!
Wow, you went back to the booth more than once?
Sure, why not? The first day it was like 4 people deep around the MiniTaur display, plus I am not a Taurus owner and wanted to check out some things after I learned more about it.