Filter Sweep sound

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
factorplayer

Filter Sweep sound

Post by factorplayer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 pm

This guy has a great Taurus 1 page which I'm sure many of you have already visited. There are some choice Taurus 1 clips and my fav is the filter sweep sound, just wondering offhand what you would do to best reproduce this on a Taurus III? I'm out of town right now and can't get to my pedals to play around with them so just casting a net here. Sounds a bit like the Gordon patch but not quite the same. Chime in!

http://www.retrosynth.com/~analoguedieh ... -sweep.mp3

superd2112

Re: Filter Sweep sound

Post by superd2112 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:02 pm

I posted a few patches under the pictures section on the T-3 website, and my "Tom Sawyer" patch sounds very close to this, with a slightly higher "emphasis" setting. Program & run my patch through a delay pedal & a chorus pedal and presto - you have the Oberheim sweep sound used for the song's famous intro. Give 'er a try & let me know what you think.

factorplayer

Post by factorplayer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks man - you mean on taurusbass.com?

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 am

Yes, on Taurusbass.com. Go to the Owner"s Gallery, then go to Images, and it will be the 2nd picture posted by superd2112. It depicts a chart with all the synth parameters - simply adjust as shown. You will need to run this particular patch through a delay & chorus to get the exact "Tom Sawyer" tone, but it sounds cool even without effects.
While you're at it, give the "Limelight" patch (my 1st posted image) a try - you will recognize the sound as used on many older Rush songs, and it's a great patch to play when playing bass guitar - a cool higher-octave string type sound that fills songs out nicely, without stepping on the guitar, bass or vocals.