Tarus II footpedals don't do...

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
krohurte

Tarus II footpedals don't do...

Post by krohurte » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am

...as they should.

hello, newbie here.

I've already got a Taurus I, loving it, but on a hunch I got me a TII on ebay. Contrary to the seller's assurance it didn't work properly. Oh well. Anyway, maybe it's a minor issue: No matter what pedal I press, only the low C note is played. All through the 1,5 octaves, there's only ever the same note. Also, the low F and the upper C pedal don't always respond. Maybe just dirty and/or bad contacts? I had the remote connection cable checked today, seems to be ok.

MC

Re: Tarus II footpedals don't do...

Post by MC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 am

The keyboard circuit uses a current source with a series of resistor strings to produce the CV voltage hence the pitch voltage. If the opamp in the current source is blown or there is an open circuit anywhere in the resistor string, it will behave like this.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

krohurte

Post by krohurte » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am

aha, thank you!

though I don't understand any of this. :mrgreen: but I will make a note of it to bring along to the repair shop. Until then, could you or somebody just inform me if repairing this is a minor issue or a big operation? Are any vintage hard-to-find extra parts needed?

KajZu

Post by KajZu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi, I have had similar problems with my Taurus II. I tried with a new 5-pole Din cable and it helped, have no explanation. Hope You got yours fixed.?

krohurte

Post by krohurte » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 pm

It would've been great if that had worked here, too. But I already sent it back for full refund. After I had brought it to an official Moog service in my country, where I'm pretty sure we checked that cable, though... but yeah experience teaches us it's always the cables. From non-working to not even plugged in, it's a must to check them first. :)

I'm happy right now with my T1.